C13: Uncertainty

"Wifey? Who's talking to you? And where are you?" Daniel asked her nervous daughter.

"That's my boss calling her wife not me, popsie. I'm at work right now." Smart but liar Jennie replied.

"Your boss is a lesbian?" Conservative Daniel's shocked and uncomfortable.

"Shhh... popsie! She might hear you. I don't want to lose my part-time job. I just started today." Liar Jennie whispered and looked as if worried of getting caught by her boss – she can legit apply in Hollywood now to be casted for noon-time drama show.

"Ooops. I'm sorry, my princess."

"Wait popsie, I'll call you back. I'll just tell her I'm taking a 15-minute break."

"Ok. I'll wait for your call."

Jennie ended the call and went straight to her wife in the other room...

"Lisa, I'm talking to popsie. Be quiet." Annoyed Jennie said.

"Can I meet him? I wanna say hi and ask how's he doing?" Lisa replied without understanding any word from her wife.

"I asked you to be quiet. So, no."

"But why?"

"Lisa, please."

"K." Lisa's face fell and hurt, she feels sad that her wife seems like she's not proud of her, that she's not worth introducing to Jennie's parents.

However, Jennie tried to ignore her wife's hurt reaction and said, "I'm sorry, but I promise next time you'll meet him." Jennie hurriedly left the room for she felt sad and guilty for disappointing Lisa. It wasn't because she wasn't proud of her wife — Jennie's popsie is scarier and more inquisitive than her momsie, and she doesn't want Lisa to get roasted or humiliated if she's not careful of what she does or say.

Jennie called Daniel back as she promised. "Hi popsie! I'm back. Are you feeling better?"

"I'm feeling better. How about you? I heard from your momsie that you're having a hard time there and that you're overworking yourself. What did I tell you when you...?"

"No, popsie. I'm not going home just because life is difficult here. As long as I have Jisooni and Lisa, I'm alright. I'll survive... I can't believe momsie's making you worry when you just got better." Disappointed Jennie immediately cut and pacify her worried popsie.

"Your momsie is worried sick about you... Speaking of your roommate, I want to talk to her."

"Why? What did momsie tell you about her?" Jennie's ready to defend her wife this time.

"Nothing. I just want to meet her that's all." Daniel said, but really, he has questions to ask after what he learned from Amelia.

"Ok. We'll call you when Lisa's not busy. Because that girl's the most hard-working person I've ever met. For the meantime, rest well. I need to go back to work now. Don't worry too much, okay? I'm a-okay here. Thanks for the call popsie. I love you." Jennie was relieved, at least she can brief her wife about her parents before Lisa talks to them.

——————————-