C5: The Beginning of Something

"Jennie

"Jennie... you're hugging me." Lisa is stiff as a log, her heartbeat raised erratically and her whole body and face tingled. Lisa's perplexed as she has never felt this kind of irregular heartbeat and weird sensation before, not even with Rosie.

"Shoot!" Jennie immediately let go of her arms tightly wrapped around Lisa's neck and stepped back. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it. I got carried away... Please don't cancel the contract." Jennie sincerely apologized and nervously begged. She's certainly not backing out now that her parents need and rely on her more than ever.

"I won't. This is your first warning though. And because you hugged me, you need to pay me back with 6% interest." Lisa seriously said, but really, she was just joking. Lisa loves making fun of the sassy girl because she finds Jennie cuter when she's annoyed.

Jennie scoffed and eye rolled at the same time with pure disgust and disappointment painted on her face.

Lisa sheepishly grinned before uttering, "You should see your face.", then she bursted into laughter while pointing at Jennie.

"Ohmygod! Stop it, jerk." Jennie's face now long and seriously pissed. She stomped her way back to the couch like a sulking kid.

"Geeez... I was just kidding! You can pay me anytime you want without interest, long face." Lisa replied, still wearing her teasing face.

"Thanks. Goodnight!" Jennie turned off her lampshade not even wanting to look at Lisa's super gorgeous but annoying face.

"Cute." Lisa murmured before saying, "Night, long face." She chuckled once more before she hopped on her bed and turned off her lampshade. However, Lisa couldn't sleep. She kept replaying Jennie's warm embrace in her head and how Jennie's sweet scent smelled so good. Now she's afraid she's the one to break one of her rules because her body and senses are craving for it – Jennie's touch, embrace, and intoxicating smell.

One of the reasons why Lisa placed physical boundary and mind your own business rules in the contract is to prevent herself to get closer to someone and potentially fall in love with them. And no, she doesn't want to fall in love with someone else other than Rosie, because she's hoping her ex-girlfriend will find her way back to her arms again.
__________________

Few minutes later... heavy rain suddenly poured, thunder roared, and angry lightning struck.

Jennie has astraphobia and it doesn't help that Lisa's studio apartment has big windows without blinds. It has curtains, but too thin she can still see the terrifying flashes of lights from the lightning... Lisa, heard Jennie's labored breathing as if she's having a panic attack.

"Jennie, are you okay?" Worried Lisa asked. However, she didn't get a response from her fake fiancé.

"Jennie, are you afraid of thunder and lightning?" Lisa wanted to confirm her assumption as she can hear Jennie's breathing more labored. Lisa hurriedly checked on Jennie who's indeed experiencing panic attack and silently crying, shaking, and sweating while covering her ears and eyes firmly shut.