C2: You

"Jennie, I found the perfect fake wife for you

"Jennie, I found the perfect fake wife for you." Jisoo happily announced the good news. Well, at least she thought it was good news.

"Perfect fake what???" Jennie couldn't believe her ears, her face visibly horrified.

"I know, I know... You're not gay, but that's even better so your parents won't suspect you from marrying for papers. You can tell them she's your roommate! Also, she's my bestfriend so you're totally safe."

Ok, Jennie thought her cousin's plan is actually genius! But she can't imagine herself marrying a girl even if it's fake (but legal) marriage. Please don't get Jennie wrong, she has nothing against people who belong in the rainbow colors, she's just not one of them... YET.

"Jisooni, what do you mean roommate?"

"You'll live with her because you'll be technically married to her."

"But what if I don't want to? I mean, I'm just marrying her for papers."

"That's not how it works, Jennie. Before the immigration approves you for green card, you'll both go through a hellish interview and prove to them that your marriage is real. Consuls are aware that some foreigners marry for papers. You both need to act like real married couple who's deeply in love with each other, because you both don't want to get caught in a lie. It's a criminal offense."

Jennie looked so torn and terrified, but she knew this is the only ticket for her to legally stay and work because she already spent the whole day job hunting but miserably failed for no company was willing to sponsor her for work or green card visa.

"Look Jennie, it will be just pure business. In fact, she wrote this contract for you to sign so everything's black and white. Unfortunately, we can't demand anything from her since we're the ones asking for huge and risky favor. Because she could also get into legal trouble or imprisonment for doing this."

Jennie deeply sighed before she opened the folder and read through the contract slash rules.

"What??? $20K to marry her???"

"Well, she said if she's getting paid for being a part-time model because of her good looks and strong sex appeal, she should be paid more than $15K for you to show off to the world that she's your 'wife' until you get your papers... I mean, she's not wrong about that. That girl has some serious good looks and deadly charm! You'll either love it or hate it."

"But how am I supposed to pay her? I only have $1K in the bank. Did you ask for discount since she's your bestfriend?"

"Relax. I asked her if you can pay $500 a month until you fully pay her and she's fine with it. And your first 2 month's on me. Don't worry."