C25: Are We In Danger?

Jennie couldn't get used to seeing her sweet dashing wife who's always excited to see her. For the past 2 days, Lisa waits outside the conference door 5 minutes before it opens with her hands holding 1 blue rose and pint of mint chocolate ice cream – Jennie's 2 most favorite things apart from her wife, of course!

"Wifey, don't spoil me like this or I might search for you outside my office door whenever it's lunch time when we're back in New York." Jennie joked and placed a sweet kiss on her wife's kissable plump lips.
"I love you and thank you for these." She didn't forget to appreciate Lisa's time and effort.

"I'll gladly do this to you every day until I start work since I just resigned from all my jobs and used all my PTOs, so I won't have to serve my 2-week notice anymore... You have 2 weeks of my complete undivided attention." Lisa informed before placing another kiss to her wife's inviting lips. "And I love you, too."

"Are you starting in your new work after 2 weeks?" Jennie looked genuinely excited for her wife.

"Possibly." Lisa responded as she intertwined their hands and walked them to their favorite hotel restaurant.

"Why did you quit if you're not sure about your start date?"

"I'll tell you why after we eat real good food and you finish your ice cream." In the past 2 days, Lisa discovered that hungry Jennie is 10X scarier than normal Jennie when mad. Consequently, In the past 2 days, Jennie discovered that when Lisa asks her to eat before explaining, it's something she'll likely will get mad about.

However, Jennie let it slide and thought it's better that Lisa is now more open with her than being the secretive and private that she normally is – trust is significantly built between them.

As soon as they arrived at their destination, Lisa pulled the chair for her wife, she's really being extra chivalrous today so Jennie will be less mad when she hears the news – she hoped with two crossed fingers and toes.

Minutes later, they're busy munching their foods and discussing their to-do list as soon as they get back in New York – tonight is their flight.

"... We're sleeping in tomorrow to get our energies back then on Sunday we visit mom then we unpack after that.... Then we go furniture shopping after work on Monday."

"Sounds perfect." Lisa eagerly listened to her wife while munching her ribeye steak.

"Wifey, what do you think of pink walls?" Jennie randomly asked.

"You know I love you but... no to pink walls please." Lisa nervously winced – she doesn't want to upset her wife especially she needs to break the scary news, but she doesn't want to feel unhappy living inside a pink apartment either.

"Ok... But how about the bathroom wall or kitchen or ceiling?"

"Wifey... Can we have a normal looking apartment, please?"

"Fine. I'm getting us pink sofa and bed sheets and pillowcases."

"You hate me. I can tell." Lisa dramatically deeply sighed, her face so long and shoulders sagging. She just doesn't get Jennie's obsession with pink color.

"Fine. You are no fun..." Jennie gave up – she could see and feel her wife's deep sadness. She doesn't want Lisa to be unhappy living in their new apartment. "But I'm painting our front door baby pink. You can't protest anymore."