Chapter Eight

When I woke up it was because someone had thrown something hard at my head.

I decided not to bother looking for the culprit. There where too many suspects.

It was a dream.

I thought.

It must have been a dream.

Everything about it screamed unrealistic, fantastical even, magical.

I felt as though I'd had a dream and fainted during it. That wasn't possible was it?

I sighed.

For whatever reason there was a voice inside of me trying to convince myself that it was a dream when in reality the whole experience had had way too much of an impact over my muddled, frenzied mind and skin that now felt both sensitive and numb to the touch for there to be any chance that it had not happened.

While I felt as though every touch would be amplified, when the pen hit my head I barely felt it, it felt almost numb where it had hit.

Electricity was dancing at my finger tips, all of my energy seemingly slipping down from the center of my forehead which the devil had touched.

The devil?

Now why did I say that?

He seemed much more like and angel than anything else. Maybe the demanding intense look of darkness, judgment and focus gave me that impression.

Who was he?

Even more so to my curiosity.

What was he?

I didn't believe in magic, but I also didn't believe in god. I wasn't an atheist I just never thought about it. Maybe my mom was christian or something but I don't think she ever told me if she was.

So I was pretty much open to anything. Maybe not anything too over the top or magic. But whatever had happened just a few moments prior made me doubt even that resolution.

I squinted at the bright light from behind the white clouds.

There was something odd about the weather I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I looked at the table.

I glared at it.

I wasn't upset.

Just in deep deep concentration.

While I wanted to know who that man was, I also felt the unbearable need to turn and run. To never search for an explanation to what had happened.

He was dangerous.

Everything in my apart from my rapidly beating heart was sure of that.

My hand clenched at my chest.

I was nervous, but why? Like the electricity dancing on my skin I sensed the electricity in the air. Something strange was happening. My emotions lay jumbled in front of me.

Then the man walked into the room, clearing gasps from every table.

When had the other students got here? I didn't know. When I had always been an avid watcher of their peculiar conversations and odd mannerisms when they weren't busy putting me through some kind of hell.

But today was different.

Today my attention belonged to only on man.

And it wasn't Kelin.

The man was tall. Maybe even a foot taller than myself, and I wasn't short, just average.

His intense look was hidden by thick dark green lenses. But I could see it. It sucked me in, like a galaxy vacuum. If he was going to be my Math teacher I was going to have some serious trouble concentrating.