Chapter Fifteen

That night I slept deeply.

To say night would be a little incorrect since day and night are controlled by the ironically named 'forecasters'. They had decided to keep a regular human cycle while I was here.

Though the bed was wide and comfortable, those silken sheets soft and warm. There was a significant weight covering above me as I sank into my dreams.

That soft part of my mind was just waiting for me to slip into it, waiting to torment me.

The darkness of my thoughts consumed me and suddenly the Devil was gone. He doesn't exist. None of this ever happened.

Suddenly the throne upon which that evil handsome looking man sat always in my mind was empty and I felt my teeth grind as I saw Kellin approach.

Don't sit down on it. I begged in wordless cries.

Don't sit there, it's not yours.

There was nothing to be done, he sat down. He smirked as if to ask me, who's else would it be? And I stood there with no answer, just desperately trying to remember who's throne it was.

So much fear, so condensed, the orange and red in my dream swirled around me, suffocating me. Anxiety overwhelming me.

Then he smiled. My Kellin. He smiled in that way that made me smile too. A little twinkle in his eyes, a dimple on the corner of his mouth that creased and made the smile seem so much more natural. He was happy. Because of me? I hoped so.

What had I been worried about? Who's throne could this have been beside Kellin.

That tinge of pride I felt every time I realized I was dating this handsome man choked me a little as I walked towards him. He was so much better than me in every way it was a wonder that I ever wanted to leave him.

Oh, but I did want to leave him, now why was that?

[Authors Note] Hi guys, I've just put a little bit of the chapter here, the rest is up on a site called Inkitt where I am continuing the story. I've been given the opportunity to be paid (albeit a small amount) so I took the opportunity.

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_BigNeptune

That will take you to my page where it will be. It's essentially like donating money to me but without having to pay. It's also posted on my profile page!

Thanks so much, kisses. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ