Chapter Nine

I pulled back from my chair as the bell rung. The shrill sound knocking at my nerves.

Kelin had been giving me odd on and off looks, that couldn't mean anything good. What was worse was that he wanted me to meet him at the lockers. A sense of dread seemed to build at the back of my mind.

However the sense of calm seemed to almost overwhelm it. I needed to mentally bring my mind back to reality ever so often just to remind myself not to start daydreaming as I stared at the muscular build of Mr Hareben.

It was when I stopped by the door with my backpack slung over one shoulder, and looked straight past Kelin to the sexy as fuck teacher that was observing me behind him, that I realized what had just happened.

Was I fucking in love with some other dude? Someone beside Kelin? Who I'd just met?

A teacher?!

Maybe I had never loved Kelin, or maybe I had and my feelings for the man I had just met were somehow stronger than even the relationship me and Kelin had built over these two years.

Whatever it was, I was attached to the teacher in some way or another. I felt as though I had been bound to him just by the touch of his skin against my forehead and his eyes peering into mine.

Was it magic?

Had he done something to me?

It sounded crazy but the thought swam through my fantasy up to reality. The strong emotion I held for the man seemed to come out of nowhere.

Maybe it was his looks, maybe it was his incredibly godlike handsome mouthwatering good looks that sent my heart into a frenzy.

Maybe I was jumping to conclusions.

That was it.

Maybe...

I couldn't help but feel as though what me and Kelin had was mostly invented by me and me alone. As though I had been pining for the perfect relationship and he had been the closest to fulfill the dream.

In a way, I felt as though I had used him.

But then again, maybe he didn't love me either.

As I left I felt a hand shove my body forward in the opposite direction to the one I was turning to leave in.

I turned sightly to see Kelin glaring at me with a look that could light ice on fire.

Oh right, the locker room.

I allowed him to keep shoving and pushing me almost the entire way there. Occasionally skipping up my pace to avoid another rough push.

When we got there it was empty, everyone had gone to their classes and we were apparently bunking ours.

"W-what do you want K-Kelin..." I hadn't planned to stutter but I didn't really mind it at the moment.

He glared at me and stepped closer.

His fist was clenched.

My eyes widened. He was going to hurt me. I took a step back.

"W-w-what..."

"You were practically drooling all over that teacher!" He growled.

He raised his fist.

I took another step back and he took another step forward.

"N-nno I wasn't... I wasn't I promise." Right. Nice going. You're the worst fucking liar on earth.

"Don't fucking give me that!" He swung so quickly I hadn't even the time to wince before I felt his fist embedded in my gut.