Part Eight

This time she told him she was going to the washroom. He merely nodded as luckily he had received a phone call. He turned away to take the call. She lingered for a moment thinking or expecting him to react again strongly with her.

Finally she sighed with relief and went inside.

" Don't you let her know about this place Jahaan!"

"Bhai but you can't just hide out there with Kavya forever," Jahaan implored.

Viraj groaned inwardly.

" I will bring her to Trehan mansion. She was injured again last night. She seems to be doing  better. I will bring her there in 2  days, it's my mother's birthday. She doesn't like Kavya, but  that is even  better. I am not coming there to please anyone. I have the black book back. Time to resume business as usual," he stated.

"Bhai if it is business as usual, then why don't you let Kavya return to her old life?," Jahaan suggested.

"Tu nahin samjhe gaya. She is very important to me," he admitted.

" So I was right when I told Shanaya you will never commit to her,"  the younger man declared.

" Tu saayi hai, Shanaya isn't the one I am committing to. Kavya is the one whether anyone else agrees or now. One decision I have taken Jahaan, and I will not back off," he stated.

" Have you asked Kavya about her wanting to stay in our world," Jahaan inquired.

 Viraj looked up across to see Kavya had returned to  the poolside.

" Usko kuch yaad nahin except that she was shot," he revealed.

 Viraj made an excuse to hang up the phone and went towards Kavya.

Jahaan looked at the now dead line. What game was Bhai playing? Kavya would likely want to leave once she recalled everything and once she realized the depth of how their world worked . Right now she may be staying because she doesn't think she has a choice but when  she realizes she does, will his Bhai's heart be filled with a zakhm that will never heal?

The plan had changed since Kava's period had ended and she was feeling somewhat better. He would teach her swimming today. Then they would prep to return to Trehan mansion. 

Anytime she slipped he would hold her back up and guide her to focus on the strokes. When she grew a bit tired , he placed her on a floatie.

He called for some refreshments once she seemed exhausted. He was going to offer a lemonade but then recalled she did not like lemonade. He offered  her a orange flavored Fanta which she appeared to like better.

That Sid had revealed something useful when he had found him trying to take Kavya away that afternoon.

He leaned over and stroked her wet hair off  her face.

" How do you feel about swimming?"

" I feel like I can do it. So what is the plan? It's strange just the two of us here. Where are our families?," she asked playing with the engagement ring on her finger.

" We will go see my mother for her birthday in 2 days. My cousin Jahaan called earlier. He was just saying we need to get back to the usual business sooner rather than later."

Kavya turned crestfallen.

" I am keeping you from your work and your family, I am sorry Viraj," she muttered.

He grasped her wrist.

" Don't be. They should understand , you were shot and then recovering," he  assured her.

"Ok then, we should go see her, but is there any party or anything? I am sure I need to find something appropriate to wear. I may have met them before, but now we are engaged it's kinda more official right?"

"Relax Kavya, I will make sure you have everything you need. Also no need to go out of your way to impress anyone. You are amazing the way you are," Viraj declared.

She remained  lost in thought.

"If I had my way, business would resume, but we wouldn't be going to this party. But I must show up sometime to establish my comeback and the fact I have decided to make you mine forever," he thought to himself.