His to keep?

Part Thirteen

She felt goosebumps as she sensed someone behind her. She turned around slowly to face the muscular build of Viraj Treehan.

" Yeh Kya hai Mr. Treehan?"

He uncrossed his arms and she saw he was wearing a robe and pajama pants. This situation again filled her with déjà vu feeling.

" Tumare mann mein bauth se savale chalre honge," he said.

" There is a ring here. Did something happen? Is this why Sid is not behaving the same? Did I cheat on him with .."

" Circumstances Ms Kavya Grewal. You were pulled into my hemisphere . If your so called boyfriend cannot understand the difference between that and cheating, he is not the right guy for you and not a real man," Viraj declared.

She solemnly looked back at him.

" Why this ring? Like why is this ring here? Is it exactly what I would have wanted. How would you know what I like?"

Viraj gripped her by her arms firmly but tried not to grasp her too tightly.

She was hurt and confused. All he wanted was her to be safe and be his forever.

" Your life has been entiwined in mine, everytime you try to leave , you will end up in more danger like you were just under 2 hours ago," he hissed.

She looked at him puzzled.

" This cannot be something long term. It's just some short time misunderstanding. There has to be some kind of concept of time before I can truly going back to my life again right?"

He looked deeply into her eyes.

" No and the sooner you understand it , it will be better for you!"

" This is insane. You can't just take me out of my element !"

He smirked.

" I have done it before and I will keep doing it. So please with sugar on top, put the ring on your left ring finger, also be ready to leave in the morning . If you don't come willing , I will have to force you," he hissed before walking away.

She looked after his retreating figure incredulously. '

The nerve of that man!

She paced the room, or rather tried to. Her left knee was sore.

Someone brought in some food on a tray.

He didn't say a word and left as Viraj approached her again.

" You should eat something. How about a cup of hot tea?"

" Will you let me go home to see PG first? I already lost so much time with him because of you the last five years," she retorted.

"Take this as a peace offering. Here have it. You will be able to get some rest and wake up fresh," he assured her.

She looked at him skeptically until he too took a tea cup and joined her.

The way he looked at her, unnerved her. Chills down to her bones. Why did he affect her so much. PG was supposed to retire and join her here in London. Now plans had gone haywire. Even if Sid had not been in her life, Viraj Treehan types were never on her radar, nor was she in theirs.

They ate in silence. She was not sure why she felt tired all of a sudden.

She began to feel dizzy.

Strong arms caught her before she could fall to the ground.

Viraj picked her up in bridal style and placed her in the bed.

He tucked her in and caressed her hair as she fell asleep.

He kissed her forehead lightly.

He grasped her wrist firmly.

" Sorry jaan, you are not going back as along as I can stop you," he pledged.

He was determined to break through her barriers or make her fall in love with him. She would be rooted in his world and she could not uproot herself once she was immersed in it.