Arrival

Part Fifteen

He gazed at her as she surveyed her surroundings.

To him she was truly the most beautiful woman in the world, his mother used to be at one point and so was Ananya when he found her on the streets of Delhi shortly after his baba had died.

He truly believed Kavya was the gift of love from his father's blessings.

Viraj never used to believe in loving a woman or being so possessive over anyone else before in his life like this.

All the women he had dated or had physical relations with up until now , even including Lavanya had not given him the genuine feeling of wanting to love them or keep them by his side forever.

Kavya Grewal was that woman, he just needed some more time with her to convince her , that he was her choice as well.

He had a feeling with how many times Kavya had faced risking her life or even PG's, that she would eventually acquiesce to remaining with him this time.

He was leaving no stones unturned to make this woman want to stay.

"Viraj this place is beautiful, but I am sure you have someone special to get back to back in Delhi. I think I heard you were engaged to someone right? Like this isn't right. Somehow I already betrayed Sid without trying to, and now your fiancée is probably upset I am here with you instead of her," Kavya insisted.

He came forward giving her a stern look.

"Lavanya means nothing to me. If you know I have a fiancée, did you truly forget how we met? Or are you suppressing it like most psychologists like you say? You once told me I was deflecting the horrors of losing my father and neglect from my mother on others in an unhealthy manner," he said leaning in to cup her chin.

"How do you know my profession? Did you have a habit of watching everyone's family members that work for you or something? PG spent five years with your company, and I guess recently we met at your party, but listen I just came there probably to find PG, I wasn't trying to take the place of your fiancée or play these mind games with you. I wanted to be with Sid and PG and get my life together again. However ,thanks to you, Sid has left me and he thinks I cheated on him!"

Viraj could not believe how crazy Kavya was sounding.

He glanced around and signaled his men and the housekeeper to give them some space.

They all departed the room.

Viraj was frustrated . Why couldn't Kavya see the truth?

He grabbed her by the wrist and led her to the bedroom he hoped they would share eventually.

" Kya irrada hai tumara Viraj, please leave me!"

She was getting scared as to far he would take things now that he appeared very angry.

He placed her in front of the mirror, tugging her neckline of her dress from the left chest, he pointed in the mirror to the scar on her left chest.

"Not many things make a scar like this Kavya, now tell me what else besides a bullet would make this scar?"

She peered at him in the mirror and her scar in deep thought.

"You can suppress your feelings but you can hide from the fact, this scar is because you cared enough to save me," he declared.

Feeling rattled she started to sink to the floor, he firmly led her to sit by the bedside.

"When you are ready to have lunch, meet me at the back deck. There is a nice view of the beach there," he muttered.

Kavya gazed as his receding figure as he started to leave the room.

She broke through her emotional haze and ran to give him a back hug.

Feeling her arms around his waist, he turned to hold her close.

" Sid left you in trouble more than once. I won't leave you until death does us part. Rest is up to you Kavya," he said firmly.

Sometime later after freshening up she decided to go find Viraj at the back bench.

She sat down across from him.

There was orange juice and lemonade sitting on the table.

She immediately made a face at the lemonade, and reached for the juice.

Although she felt lighter, she couldn't understand what had happened those few weeks that she risked her life for Viraj. They were strangers after all.

She took a stab of her shrimp cocktail lost in thought.

She felt his eyes on her.

"Kavya you are strong , he said it was your choice. But maybe he doesn't mean that. After all he did kidnap her from London and prior to that there were other things didn't exactly make sense. Like how he knew where she was and why did he come save her anyway."

She was used to knowing her path before all this happened. Sid was predictable like all of her plans, Viraj was an egimia she couldn't figure out his intentions until he already carried out the plan.

Would she never truly know?

Viraj sat back satisfied. The longer she was away from her old life, the more likely she would come onto his side of things.

She wouldn't try to escape anymore or maybe she would.

Either way he liked a good chase and it being Kavya, made it even sweeter.