Getaway

Part Fourteen

Vinod Grewal should have known his life and his daughter's life would be forever changed once he took that black book about 2 months ago.

He had let his late wife and his daughter Kavya down.

He never expected he would end up so helpless more than once in such a short time. His actions had put a target on Kavya's back as long as Viraj Trehan existed . Her life had been interchanged with that dark soul and now he could not free her if he tried.

He had high hopes from Sid, but he had backed off on his feelings for Kavya weeks ago.

Kavya had been trapped with Viraj when she had lost her memory or something it seemed like. His daughter had been shot and nearly drowned after all. The trauma may have caused her to not to be able to escape when she recovered from that bullet wound.

Now he had been blackmailed into attaching tracking devices on the clothes she had left the house in yesterday.

A message came up on his phone.

"Don't worry PG, she is safe with me."

He knew that meant one thing, Viraj had her back in his captivity.

Vinod sighed.

He did not know how he would face Kavya if he ever saw her again that was .

He just hoped she would make the right choice when the time came and figure out life again.

Meanwhile...

Kavya stirred and realized she was not in the hotel room or the apartment she had rented with her father when she got to London , when she and Sid seemed poles apart instead of a couple like they used to be.

"Where am I?," she pondered.

She was not in a mobile situation.

It appeared to be like she was in some private jet. As this was no typical economic seat on Air India or British Airways.

Her reverie broke as a familiar person approached her.

"How are you feeling sleeping beauty?," he asked her playfully.

She merely glared at him.

" You kidnapped me! Like why did you take me from London? Where are we going?"

Viraj smirked.

"Jaan did you forget I told you last night, you are not safe out there. You need to stick with me until things calm down," he explained to her.

"Just tell me where you are taking me!," she yelled.

He leaned in close to her and caressed her hair.

" Somewhere safe and beautiful. You will love it. Anyways you may want to freshen up," he pretended to sniff her and make a face.

She rolled her eyes at him, and took off the blanket relieved her clothes were untouched from last night.

She got up.

" There is a bedroom right through there with an outfit appropriate for today and there is a ensuite next to it. You have about 45 mins before we land. I suggest you make a move now," he hissed.

" I don't understand you," she muttered.

She felt dizzy from the sedative he had likely slipped in her cup somehow last night and she nearly fell.

He caught her and sat her down.

He called for some water which she gulped quickly then she rushed off towards the private room.

" Don't lock the door jaan," he said with some mirth yet some concern.

"I hope soon, I won't have to sedate you anymore," he muttered.

Kavya still felt weak after getting dressed.

As if reading her thoughts, a glass of juice and toast awaited her when she sat down at her seat again 30 mins later.

Viraj had lied they didn't land for another 90 minutes. He spent the remaining time making her eat and drink as many glasses of water and juice her bladder could carry until she had to run to the bathroom again.

He had given her a light pink sundress to wear today.

She assumed they were going somewhere warm then.

Before she could realize , the plan landed and soon she knew where they were.

2 hours away from Milan, Italy.

Viraj had picked the location as they could be isolated yet he could take her for shopping and sightseeing if she behaved and when it was safe for him to take her with him.

Due to the Ukrainan war, Russians had lost some property here. He planned to make some deals and input the profits towards the New Delhi project back home. Jahaan would lead it.

He had been warned his chachi Lavanya may be planning something else that included harming. Kavya so he would lose his hold on the Trehan empire the good and the dark sides of it.

Whoever the enemy truly was, he was going to make the best of this trip.

He was determined to marry Kavya at any cost.