Torn

Part Eleven

Kavya had not recalled how bad PG had been when she had seen his picture in Viraj's phone some weeks ago, nevertheless she was feeling upset with herself for not recalling what had kept them apart.

" Relax Kavya. You are here now. With your PG and me. This is your true place. This was your plan. There was a setback but we are all here now," Sid assured her.

She merely nodded feeling very torn about her vivid flashbacks and feeling unsettled.

She had one such episode when she thought she heard both Sid and PG muttering about how it was good Kavya had left India and gotten away from something.

What had been so wrong, that they were relieved she was not in Delhi anymore.

Had her father's troubles no been resolved? He had been planning to join her here after she had been settled. So how had he gotten here before her?

It didn't make sense.

She felt dizzy and unwell the next day.

She was disappointed she thought once she was where she was supposed to be, she would feel better finally.

Sid suggested she get a CT scan or MRI just to make sure nothing was wrong.

Kavya sat down with a psychiatrist who asked her some questions.

Of course Viraj's name came up.

"This name gives me a eerie feeling. I am thinking there is more to the facts that I recall," she admitted.

"Kavya I got your imaging results. There are mild changes, but then again you did nearly drown recently. However that doesn't explain your scattered memories. I suspect something happened related to when you where deplaned from Delhi your first attempt to come here to be with Sid. After all you were surprised your dad was here before you," the doctor stated.

Kavya turned thoughtful.

There were blanks and she wasn't sure if they would ever come together in a clear picture.

" Sid told me you always had your life figured out. Whatever happened to you the last few weeks must have shaken you badly. PTSD especially with some memory loss can always be difficult to deal with."

"But why do I keep feeling strange with that name?"

" You said your father had worked with him before you all came here?"

"Yes he had been working with him . He was always busy. I had wanted him to retire early or at least make some to be with me before I came here," she admitted.

" Relax your mind. Stay focused on your PHD, build your life here," the doctor encouraged.

"Theek hai. I will excuse myself for today. If I feel stressed , I will be sure to follow up," she muttered as she got up to leave.

The doctor waited for Kavya to leave the room then dialed.

"Hey yeah Sid. No she doesn't remember him that way. The name Trehan freaks her out."

"Good that is what I hoped for. I don't want her changing her mind about us. It's about my self respect now," Sid replied.

The doctor hung up the phone.

A call came on his office phone a few minutes later.

"Is the job done?"

"Yes sir. He thinks she is going to stay with him."

" What a fool. Doesn't he know whoever Viraj Trehan wants in his life, always comes and goes as per his will?"

" Well she has left my office. The rest is up to you sir," the doctor chimed in.

"You will get your payment. You may want to get out of the city sooner rather than later for a vacation or something," the caller advised.

"Noted, good evening," the doctor replied.

Kavya stepped out into the sidewalk.

She was not sure what to believe anymore.

Lost in her reverie, she did not realize she was being followed.

Three men appearing very menacing were there behind her. They had tatoos and wore bandanas.

" Stop following me. I am going to call the cops," she exclaimed.

They made some comments and started snickering at her. The first guy was about to touch her when a large black sedan slammed into the parking spot nearby.

Kavya started to run with the distraction.

They started to give a chase.

She fell suddenly, but then strong arms hoisted her up and behind a strong tall , lean body.

The three men were quickly beaten and left on the ground grimacing.

Her savior and a few others with him turned to face her.

Kavya was stunned.

What was Viraj Trehan doing in London?