prologue

•••

hyunjin deadass gave minho a cursed doll as a joke for his birthday but before minho could throw away the doll, there stood an innocent man.

•••

prologue

"for your 24th birthday, i got you this." said hyunjin, giving him a nicely wrapped box. minho squinted his eyes as he expected bunch of frogs coming out but it turned out a doll.

"seriously? first a worn out umbrella now this?" said minho with a not so interested tone. hyunjin laughed, "that poor doll kept getting tossed around from kids to kids because they said there's something off with the doll, so i decided to take it and give it to you as a present." he said.

minho rolled his eyes, "asshole." he said then stared at the doll before putting it back to the box as the others kept telling him to open their presents next.

time passed by, everyone has gone to their houses. only minho and bunch of trash on the floor left. he sighed looking at the mess they made. he then decided to clean up tomorrow morning so he just went straight to bed, not caring to take a shower anymore because he's tired as hell.

it was around one in the morning when he heard noises downstairs. he instantly woke up and took his phone that was charging. he turned on the cctv app on his phone and saw a guy, cleaning up..?

"the fuck?" mumbled minho. he kept watching how the guy carefully picking up all the trash and stuff it into a plastic bag. minho then decided to take his bat and walked downstairs. not forgetting to call the police that someone had broke in to his house.

when he reached at the ground floor, the noises were still there, the lights were off so he can't see well, he tiptoed to the kitchen and immediately turned on the lights, "who's there?" he spoke. suddenly the noise stopped. minho looked around and saw no one. but indeed the living room is now clean as well as the kitchen.

the plastic bag were also laying in the middle of the kitchen. he ran to the backyard, no one was there. he then watched the cctv once more, living room, kitchen even the front yard there was no one.

few minutes later the police arrived, minho got the evidence but the face weren't clear because it was dark, so the police decided to stroll the neighborhood since there weren't anything stolen and nobody was injured.

minho couldn't sleep at all. so he just stayed in the living room, but he just could shake the feeling of being watched. he went back to the kitchen to look for any more clues. but there was nothing but a doll

"why is it here?" he said, picking it up then went back to the living room. he sat down on the couch and stared at the doll.

"that damned hyunjin. where did he even get this doll from?" he said to himself, "he did say this doll was thrown because of the creep. but it's kind of.." he said, observing more, "cute.. i guess? it's not dirty nor cursed looking. why would they find this.. creepy?" he asked himself.

the doll was indeed adorable, it looks like a hand made doll. it's soft, huggable, squishy. there's nothing weird about it. but then again, hyunjin did mention that it was cursed, even the kids are scared of it.

"well, i don't wanna be the main character of horror movie, so i guess i'll have to donate you away." he said, putting the doll on the box where it came from. he then stretched out his arms and about to go to his room when he heard, "are you going to throw me away too?"

minho froze. he wasn't even breathing, his eyes didn't move an inch. he was to scared to even move a single hair. he hears a sob, "i'm sorry." said someone.

minho slowly turned around and saw a boy, sitting down on the ground, hugging his knees, crying.

"you who haunt this place in the name of the lord-"

a/n: lmao hi ive got an illustration for this book LMAOOOO

mans dont even look like the real ones but ok hope yall like it (this poor writer spent like eight plus hours to make them look similar w irl, but still look like •• lmao)

anyways, shameless promo.
ig is hqsyav :p