Part 2: Chapter 1

This is where it gets a bit further from the cannon. Idk it gets a little convoluted but whatev
Also sorry for any spelling errors I missed. I promise I read everything over before uploading it

WHY DO UPLOADS DISAPPEAR WHERE DO THEY GO WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP UPLOADING THINGS AGAIN

"It's uncanny," Oluwande said quietly.

Ed looked down into the box. "Is my nose really that big? Is that how people see me?"

Ed was looking down at a dead body that resembled him quite closely. He hoped it'd be close enough.

"What's our plan?" Ed asked as Stede wandered over.

Stede glanced over and frowned. "Oh, I don't quite like looking at him."

Ed chuckled. Jim sauntered over and looked into a box. They made a face.

"Whatever we're planning, we're going to have to do it soon. That's going to stink up the boat," Jim said.

Ed smiled, glancing at Stede.

"Well," Stede said. "Any plan for how you'll die?"

Ed began to grin. "A fuckery!"

A few minutes later, Ed was standing over the table in Stede's quarters. Ed leaned over a map, a familiar look of excitement in his eyes. Stede hadn't seen it in a while. He was both happy and terrified. The look meant something dangerous was on the horizon.

"I say we go north," Ed said, pointing toward the top part of the map. Toward Bath."

Jim's eyes widened. "Why would we do that?"

"Bring the fight to them. We have to do something so insane that they'll know I'm dead. And I'm... well, Blackbeard, isn't going out with a whimper."

Stede looked nervous. Jim, however, grinned.

"Besides, I've got a friend there," Ed said. "A governor who likes money."

Jim raised a brow. "Why would we need him?"

Ed shrugged. "In case anything goes wrong."

Stede looked thoroughly anxious. His brow was furrowed as he watched Ed and Jim begin to quickly talk amongst each other. Ed's eyes flicked up to him and then he paused, frowning slightly.

"Stede, you with us?" Ed asked gently.

Stede hummed. "It seems dangerous."

Jim's eyes were alight with excitement. "It is."

"Well," Ed said, his voice softening. "Yeah. Kinda."

"He's right, though," Jim said. "We have to go all out or it won't be believable."

Stede sank backwards, crossing his arms. Ed stood up, looking over at Stede with soft eyes. He leaned slightly closer, his hand finding the small of Stede's back. Stede swallowed deeply, staring over at him.

"Listen," Ed said softly. "We'll make such a good plan that nothing can go wrong."

"That's impossible," Stede muttered.

Ed shrugged. "Being in danger for a few hours is worth being free. For me, at least. I don't know about you or your crew. If you or anyone else doesn't feel comfortable with this, we can drop you off somewhere safe where it won't affect you."

Stede sighed deeply. He wasn't going to be able to change Ed's mind. Stede figured that he'd rather die with Ed than live without him. And, it would look rather valliant to go down with the ship. Ed had turned back to Jim and was beginning to form a plan. Jim was grinning. Stede was relieved, a little, because he knew Oluwande would be hesitant about the plan. He wouldn't be the only one.