Part 2: Chapter 7

IF ONE MORE THING DISAPPEARS IM SWITCHING PLATFORMS I SWEAR TO GOD
Listen I don't want to point it out but ik the bathtub isn't actually in there I think it's actually through the door in the captain's quarters but it doesn't matter. I'm sorry I wrote it like that and now it's canon it's real

"Will this one work?" Ed asked dryly.

Black Caesar nodded. He'd washed most of his face paint off, but he still looked terrifying. The Revenge was sailing toward a rather large merchant ship. It looked to be Spanish. Ed turned to Stede. Stede was standing close to him, almost like he was waiting for him to pass out.

"Relax, Stede," Ed said gently.

Stede pouted slightly. "You should be resting."

"Why would I do that?" Ed asked softly.

"Why must you be so stubborn?" Stede replied, turning away.

Ed frowned, watching Stede go down the stairs into the lower deck. He bit his lip for a moment, looking over at Lucius. Lucius, who was finishing his drawing of Black Pete, paused to glance over at him. He nodded toward the stairs. Ed sighed dramatically and got up, wincing slightly.

"We'll follow the ship for a while before boarding it. We'll shout if we need you two," Jim said to Ed.

Ed nodded, smiling slightly. Ed crossed the deck and went downstairs. He walked through the hallway, peering into each door he passed.

Swede was in the ball room polishing a cannonball. Roach was in the kitchen, chopping up some strange flowers and tossing them into a pot of hot water.

Ed frowned and stopped outside the room with the tub. He knocked quietly on the door, leaning into the frame and putting an arm up. He winced quietly, putting a hand on his side. Ed heard footsteps and then smiled as the door opened. Stede stood in front of him with a mischievous smile.

"I knew you'd follow me down here," Stede said.

Ed narrowed his eyes. "Pardon?"

"I had Roach heat up some water for a bath," Stede said.

Ed glanced over his shoulder as Roach appeared in the hallway behind him. Roach ducked underneath him, handing Stede the pot. Ed watched Stede pour the water into the tub. Ed felt guilty.

"Stede, you don't have to... I mean, the ocean's right out there," Ed said.

Stede handed the pot back to Roach. Ed turned slightly to watch him dart away. Stede didn't reply to him. Stede held up a bar of soap. Ed immediately stepped forward and smelled it. He glanced back at Stede and stopped, scowling. He held the soap away from himself.

"You don't have to make a big fuss," Ed said, pointing at him. "And you're trying to calm me with the soap."

"Ed?" Stede said.

Ed paused. "Yeah?"

"Which of us is the Captain?" Stede asked.

Ed smirked. "You, Sir."

Stede's cheeks began to turn pink. "Yes. That's right."

Ed looked over at Roach as he darted under Ed's arm again. Stede put another pot of water into the tub.

"And I order you to take a bath and... relax a little, Ed," Stede said softly. "Once Roach brings enough water."

Ed hesitantly stepped closer to the tub, lowering his arm. He leaned down, picking up a little bit of a flower. He frowned slightly, as he examined it.