Nikah Cancelled

She cried loudly and through her tears she said : "I'm sorry , I I I can't marry you , I'm sorry, so sorry..."

FLASH BACK STARTS

-I came with my mom and my sister to Shaikh's mansion for wedding proposal to Shehnaaz Shaikh. I was full of doubt, and a bit sceptique. I never though about getting married, but because my ammi blackmailed me, I've just accept to meet the girl first.

What will I say to  her?  I didn't even look at her picture, may be she's wierd , arrogant and without any tehzeeb (manners). I shake my head, I trust my mother's choice and final will be my decision .It's not a big deal afterall  being a man, I am a bussiness men and I know how to make deal. It suppose to be easier to talk to a woman than negociate contracts .

-Just try "hello" for starting, it's always help... 

Interrupted in my though, I saw my little  sister holding my arms to confort me with her soft smile. I didn't know what she mean:

-just try to say hello for starting, she repeated 

I kissed her forehead to thank her,  just like my ammi, she knows me better than myself, I was lucky to have Humera and ammi in my life, I just wished that Shehnaaz will fit into my family as a perfect puzzle.

The Shaikh family is a small family like mine, the Father Mobin Shaikh and his wife Afreen Shaikh, they have only 2 children Faiz and my expect would-be bride. Faiz is young and charming guy, nice but talkative, he annoyed me with his stupid shayaris, hope his sister is not like him... Ms Shehnaaz Shaikh sounds beautiful, we used to say that the name can tell you many things about the person, hope she is like her name, full of life.

- Sidharth beta, we appreciate to have you here, hope we will become a family, Mobin said with a loving smile

- Jii Mr Shaikh I replied shyly

Shehnaaz's mother accompagnied me upstairs to be in private with Ms Shaikh. Each step I reached, my heart was beating fast, I found that stupid but I was not be able to control my feelings. I sat waiting for her, and then she appears.

Her head was cover by a shawl, she was holding a plate with tea, she seemed very nervous, as much as me, I should say.I smiled at this though. She kept the plate in the table between us, and stayed in front of me. she tapped her feet nervously and with her hands, she played with the tip of her shawl. I could not see her face but only her pinky lips.

The silence seemed an eternity between us, but each time I tried to made a word in my mind, I found it stupid.

- Are u ok? i said hesitantly , "for sure she isn't ok, any blind can see it stupid, you idiot" 

- Yes I'm
 Her voice were magic, music to my ears, sweet, so soft. Pure as a melody, pure as one wants to be. I felt that I want her to speak more and more.

FLASH BACK ENDS

But now the only thing that I can hear it's her cry, I feel her sadness, her lost. Head down, she was on her knees,crying incoherently. I sat on my knees in front of her with a heavy heart, trying to be strong for two.

- It's ok, don't worry, no one will force you to get marry,

she looked at me, searching in my eyes if I'm saying the truth

Ya Allah, even with a teary eyes, she looks georgous, I felt that I want to wipe her tears and hugged her, but I have no rights, not any more...

She wiped her tears and started by saying

- sach??? Buuut but I... she looked at me disbelievingly

- I should say all your make up on your face makes you look pretty ugly by now, I respond with a serious tone, trying to make joke.