Why?

Why, simply why? When I return to my "home" my mother is with some other guy! Why am I not surprised at all. Funny enough, I'm fairly certain she's dated half the guys in this town already. Which is quite a bit of people. 

My poor father. He's had to deal with her for many years. I hope he's with the angels now. Heaven, basically. If it were to be my mother, then, she would be in heck, let's just say for now. I immediately put my bag down on the ground and biked away. This time, I biked to the cemetery. 

The place my father was left for the earth to take care of. The place where he was buried. The place where his memory was engraved forever. 

I walked around, looking at all of the grave stones, until I fell upon my father's. It wrote: In loving memory of a good father, a good husband, son, and brother. 

You can already tell that I was the one who planned what it would say. My "mom" didn't even care when he died like I said before. 

I felt tears already threatening to spill if I wasn't careful. No matter how hard I tried, the tears just kept falling into the earth. I knelt down and put a hand over my chest as a sign of respect to him. 

"Father, I wish you were here. Without you, I am miserable with my quote on quote mom. Is she really my mom? I honestly don't know at this point. Please help me wherever you are right now. Please, please, please, please..." 

Once I was done "praying", it felt like my father was trying to communicate with me. I closed my eyes and saw him standing there, in front of me. I almost passed out out of excitement. It felt, unreal.

"Hello, my daughter, May. I see that you request my assistance. That, you'll have to earn truly by yourself. I will give you a hint, use the compass I have given you as a child. It will help you. Remember, sometimes in life, if something is going wrong, start from the beginning." 

"The compass? What? Why? Oh! I should point it to the north and then go that way. Is that what you want me to do?" I asked in pure curiosity. I mean, I knew that I was right, but, still. It never hurts to ask. 

"Yes, you will find something that can help you in the future. And you will be handed the truth. However, you must promise me that you will not be too shocked when you find out, everything." 

"What do you mean by everything, and, the truth? Do you mean all the information that I might find out later, right? I miss you, you know. I visit the park every single day. Or at least the most amount of days I can. Life with 'mom' is horrible." I say bitterly. 

He sighed and I think there was true sadness in his eyes. "I know, May, sadly, I know everything you just said, unfortunately."