Results

I stood up and walked out of the room. I feel like I could do anything at this point. And that made me very happy. 

There was too much stunned silence in there for me to even handle. My mom stood outside of the door, with the biggest smile I have ever seen, plastered on her face. 

"You heard that whole thing, didn't you, mother?" I said eye rolling at her childish smile. If I were to be her, I would be impressed, but not smiling enough to break my face. 

She nodded excitedly, "I saw the results on Mr. Shi san's tablet. And it looks like you have passed with flying colors!"

I squealed and asked, "Does this mean I can get on missions now? Or no? Am I too young? Or do I need someone else to go with me for right now?"

"Yes, you may, however, you'll have to go with Michael." I nodded agreeing to these terms.

"Now all you have to do is sign and agree to the terms of being an agent, here."

I groaned in dispair at the thought. My mom laughed and said, "You don't like signing either?! That means you most definitely are my daughter."

I laughed with my mother. It took us a good 3 minutes for us both to stop laughing, and to catch our breaths. That way I could still breath and not wheeze too much.

Just when we stopped laughing, Mr Shi san cleared his throat and said. "Well, your daughter is officially allowed to go on missions. Of course, she will need a partner for now. And that means legally."

My mother smiled and said, "Of course she can! She is my daughter after all."

She sure was quite confident, to say the least. Mr. Shi san, however, didn't look too amused by this.

I smiled and sighed, "That's my mother for you. Confident. To the point where it is concerning. Which is not always a good thing. However, it's also not always a bad thing."

My mom looked at me with a sheepish grin on her face. I smiled calmly and decided to ask. "Ok, just a question, may I?"

They both nodded towards me expectingly.

"When and where can I sign the terms of agreement? I just want to get this over with."

My mother hummed calmly and practically skipped along the corridors. I almost eye rolled, again. She is still very much a child. Like a child stuck in an adult's body.

I sat down and grabbed the pen from the holder. I read the long list of rules and terms or agreement and privacy things.

I finally signed the last thing that was needed to. I sighed in pure relief, I hate signing things.

My mother's head peaked out with a smile on her face. "Honey, are you done with signing? I understand that this is a lot for a 13 year old."

I nodded in agreement to what she said. "Mother, at what age were you when you decided to work here? I'm just wondering." 

She smiled at me and knelt down next to me. She gently brushed my hair back and she said, "I became an agent at the age of 13 as well. Which is why I understand your nervousness and such. It's going to be really hard from here on out. You will get over it, and, you are going to be an agent at the CIA, after all."