Sometimes

Michael looked at me with a gentle smile. Almost as if he could understand what I was going through right now. A lot of pressure was on me.

He gently grabbed my hands and I blushed out of embarrassment. This wasn't what I was used to. "May, we can do this, I believe in us. I believe that we can call for back up when it is needed. Believe in yourself. Everyone else here does. Please."

"Alright Michael, alright. Let us do it then." I said with a smile on my face. 

"Yes!" He exclaimed in pure joy and excitement. Of course... both my mother and Michael had to be like children. Michael is a child, but, that's besides the point.

We walked back into the room. Where I saw my mother waiting there, as patient as ever.

"So, children, have you decided if you guys want to or not?" What is with her and calling us children? I mean, you don't have to rub that in.

I smiled and looked at Michael in the eye and we both said at the same time, "Let's do this."

My mother's face visibly lightened and brightened up when we said this. I almost laughed, again. My throat was hurting already, I did not need anymore.

"I knew it! You are just like your father May. Your father was always very cautious about these types of things. But he always ended up doing it no matter what he thought beforehand."

I smiled and laughed at what my mother had just said. Michael smiled at me. This just made me more flustered. 

I could see my mom have this smirk on her face. I eye rolled and asked, "First off, can we get my suitcase? Second off, can we visit my stepmom. And third, Michael, stop looking at me." My mom cheekily smiled and answered saying. "Yes, yes, and no." 

I groaned in despair at the last answer. Michael was grinning the most.

"I hate you so much, mother."

"Lies, all lies!" 

Michael was just standing there with an amused look on his face.

"Oh, wipe that look off of your face." I said.

He chuckled and replied saying, "Well, I've never seen you remotely embarrassed before. So this is a real treat and or sight for me. Pretty much one in a million."

I sighed, "I mean, you have a point on that one. My mother, I suppose, has a way of making my teenager side come out. My stepmother made me like this. Thank her, I suppose."

He smiled at me and whispered in my ear saying. "I like that side of you, you know."

I felt shivers go down and around my body. I'm also fairly certain that my face was as red as a rotten tomato.

I could just sense the smirk radiating off Michael's aura.

Sometimes, I feel as if people couldn't change. Sometimes, that's a good thing! Sometimes, however, it is not.

This case scenario, I am not entirely sure wether or not it's a good thing.

My mom saw my flustered face and suddenly announced. "Ok children enough fooling around. Let's get you both on your way."