Truth

The truth. It's definitely better than lying. My "mom" apparently was never told this. My whole life I've been lied to. Well, until I forced the truth out of my so called mom. I looked out of the window to see a hospital. I smiled and said, "this is my stop." 

He opened the doors and I walked out with my suitcase. I walked into the hospital. It looked like the hospital was in fairly good shape. The receptionist looked bored at her job. 

"Hello, I am here to see the birth report of May Roberts Peterson. Also, I am May Roberts Peterson. So I have the right to. know who gave birth to me." i could tell she was mildly shocked, but she nodded. 

She started typing away on the monitor. Then, she smiled and said, "well, your mother is also called May Roberts Peterson. However, she died soon after you were born. From lung cancer, that is. I'm so very sorry for your loss miss." 

"May I please see what my mother, looked like? (No pun intended by the way) I never got the chance to. I visited her grave site. But it never had a picture of her. It's hard for me to not know who and what my mother looked like." I say with some sorrow leaking into my voice. 

"Of course, sweetie, please, do follow me. This hospital can be quite confusing to newcomers." 

I nodded, but before that, I made sure to dial 911 and call them, you know, for the just in cases. You can never be too cautious for anything. I just gotta bad feeling about this place. 

I followed her through tons of tons of hallways and corridors. This was like an in real life Labyrinth. I'm sorry, I'm a big Percy Jackson fan. Not to mention, I am definitely a nerd. You will hear a lot of references throughout this. Of course, I would never spoil it for the life of me. Some people would do that though. 

I'm not one of them.

She lead me to a room that had a chair and a rope. The chair was the bare minimum. I already knew what this was leading to. So, I sat on the chair calmly tied myself. This seemed to shock her truly. "Hello, isn't it obvious as to what you were trying to do from the beginning?" I asked. 

"What? How?" She asked dumbfounded and amazed.

"Well, first off, I saw a piece of paper on your desk. It wrote: May Roberts Peterson, my name. Why would you have my name written there? I mean, out of the thousands of people born here, why me? So I came to the conclusion that you were expecting me to come here. Not to mention, I saw your reflection when you were following me here. If I remember correctly the car was a Honda Civic and the license plate said: AL-342564-23. So yeah, that's how I knew. By the way, hello, mother."