Games

We walked over to a full on track field! Like, how?! To be fair, they are the CIA, I am now, not as surprised anymore.

"Excuse me, Mr. Shi san. I presume that this is going to test my speed and agility. It explains everything here. Or am I wrong. Feel free to correct me on this."

He nodded and explained this, "well, when I say go you have to start running and jump over all of the hurtles. When on missions, you don't have the time to go around things. So, you will have to be able to jump over them. Quick thinking and the ability to make split second decisions are key to being a good spy and agent."

I nodded in understanding. Obviously these were some of the reasons. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. Yes, I have an inferiority complex. 

I walked up to the starting line. I hoped that i would pass so I could move on to being an agent. Or at least a junior agent.

I opened my eyes and saw the track in front of me. 

The last thing I heard before running was, "ready. Set. Go."

I don't know how, but, when I started to run, I felt wind whip through my hair and face. I love this feeling, honestly.

Before I knew it, I already completed on lap while jumping over hurtles. I felt proud of myself, truthfully, but Mr. Shi san, I could not say the same for him. I won't speak for him, of course. 

He had a poker face and jotted down something quickly. "Hm, that's... interesting... let me test your skills in deduction and reasoning."

He lead me to a room filled to the brim with, air, a chair, and a desk. Apparently a human as well? I thought that I was going to take a quiz, like the ones you take at school.

Interesting... I took a good look at him. He had an asian look to him, like me. So, he's asian. Definitely not Indian, for sure. I saw his position, it was straight and calm, a police officer for sure. Most likely, he's from China, since they have the most police officers. He also had a badge on him. It was obvious, these little things. I composed myself a little and politely asked, "May I please come in?" 

He nodded hesitantly towards me. So he must have either been well educated or he has lived or been here for a good long time. These little things are good to notice. Since he understood english. 

I pulled the chair out and quietly sat down. I heard Mr. Shi san say, "I want you to tell me everything you can confidently deduct. Just by looking at him."

I smiled and said, "he's a police officer from china. He also has either been or lived here for a long time. Not to mention he had at least some form of education. He also is quite cautious. Oh! Not to mention, he is right handed and recently visited his wife and his child." 

When I looked at Mr. Shi san he looked, well, to say the least, shocked. While I was too busy trying to not laugh at his confusion. 

"Did my mother not tell you? I am very good at these sorts of things. Try not to look so surprised, ok?"

I grinned with pride.