~7. Comfort is wrong.~

"Quiet!" I called out after the kids, before turning around to Cate, whose eyes were glued to my hand. Holes daring to mark my skin, I exhaled.

Reading her expression, I knew that she had no clue about what I was about to tell her.

Gaze lifting, the blonde glared at me, awaiting for me to hand her one of the cards. Sighing, the woman reached for the key herself, when I closed my hand around them again, earning the frustration to dominantly show in her features and body language.

Lines formed on her skin, throwing me back into familiar memories of my past.

"Whatever this is about, make it short." She snapped.

"Catherine," I teased, matching her attitude with great boldness. "We only have a single room left. One to share." Eyes rounder than ever, her irises were freed from any piece of skin. Soon though she changed that and as if none of this happened, she calmly asked for the number of the room. "Thirteen." I replied.

She walked off, after taking one of the keycards. Left alone in the lobby, my eyes followed her silhouette. Seeing it disappear around a corner.

Nibbling on the dead skin of my bottom lip, I eyed the left card in my palm.

There was no need in telling her about the other possibility of the room next village, cause it was too far away, right?

She was the second supervisor on this trip. Cate had to stay with us.

Yes, totally.

I agreed with my decision and arrived at the said room. Sliding the card into the lock, it opened with a muted thud.

Revealing the wooden touched inventory of the room, an instant warmth wrapped around my insides. Touched by the comfort, I caught the balcony door across the small entryway. White, see through curtains blown gently in the air.

Cate's silhouette behind the glass, back turned towards me. I placed my luggage on the floor close to the wall, in hope it would not get into anyone's way there.

Gaze shifting, I allowed my eyes to look around the walls. To my right was the widely open bathroom door. A glooming, cold light revealed the clinical white tiles around the room, along with the all white bathtub, sink and shower. There surely was a budget cut made with the bathrooms.

At least it was clean. The surfaces of floor, bathtub and sink were shining. A flower-ish and cool scent lingered briefly in my nose, whilst I approached the middle of the bedroom.

A couch close to the balcony door.

A queen-sized, wooden bed took up the greatest space. Two matching nightstands on each side added to it. The warm wooden color and optical appearance lead me to lay down on the mattress.

Once my eyes were closed and darkness masked my sight, my mind slipped into strange corners of my brain.

A deja vu like tingling rushed through my veins. When my fingertips brushed the bridge of my nose, the bracelet around my wrist stroke along my lips.

Eyes shooting open, avoiding to catch up any pictures of memories, I stare into Cate's eyes. Such bright and sky-like colors.

A tiny amount of fright written over her face, allowed the blonde to clear her voice and bury her hands in the pockets of her pants. "About the bed situation—"

I cut in and declared in a pretty demanding manner, "I'll take the couch."

"There is no need for you to." Her tender and husky voice added.

Straightening my pants, as I was back on my feet, I parted my lips. "I don't want to disturb your privacy and I do appreciate my own too. So, the couch it will be." There I let my body fall onto the expectedly soft cushion underneath. "Mh" I clenched my jaw, at the harshness my bump and back were met with.