~18. Bachelor Party& Revenge.~

"Truth's a bitch." He winked, before the weight of realization could crush down onto me. The videos.

*four months later*

Heavy smoke escaped our mouths. The grey thickness soon vanished and exposed Cate's velvet red lips in the dark alley. A last deep drag of my cigarette left me relax as much as I could in that very moment. In that very situation. My situation. A stoic expression left no space for interpretation of how she might feel or what she thought. However, the fact she accompanied me and even suggested to take a small break left me feeling all cared for.

But soon after both our cigarettes had burned down to it's very end, we were forced to go back inside. Booming music surrounded us and the chattering of Victoria and the others met my ears the second I reached the booth. Tori hit up and let me scoop inside the booth, whilst Cate took a seat next to the redhead. Furthest away from me.

Biting down on the inside of my cheek, I was forced to take a shot of tequila and from then on I was pulled into an endless version of 'truth or truth', but I was the only one that had to answer.

"Last thing that happened in bed. Go!" Tori's arm immediately pointed into my direction.

What a surprise.

A brief eye roll caught my attention, when my gaze skimmed along the faces of my friends and stopped at Cate's. Well, there were two other women who decided to join at some time during the night out, though I have not memorized their names nor did I know when they joined.

"Go!" Tori nudged my side with her sharp elbow.

Now what are they getting me into? Spinning lies is the easiest part, though remembering the details of them is more difficult.

Clearing my voice, I got ready. "Okay... so, I told him about what I'd like to try in bed. He laughed."

Imagine I would have done that. It would be so out of line. Leave alone the idea of Mateo and me. Yet the lie would be close to the truth. Looking at teh last time we— My thoughts were quickly interrupted.

"That's so toxic, for what?!" One of the girls next to Cate gasped, totally not wanting to believe the truth behind it all. A dominant slur was audible in her voice. "You can still run away from this."

Oh I was aware of that. A smirk hinted at Cate's lips, whilst the redhead next to her seemed to want more closeness. Fingernails digging into my palms, I bit down on my tongue.

The other brunette smiled and placed her hand on mine. "We will help you run." That's what I call good friends and I did not even know their names.

Cate's gaze darted onto the scene on top of the table, before she glimpse vaguely into my eyes. Now look at that... The blonde tried her hardest to hide it, but she was not doing so well right now—

"You are so pretty, you can have anyone." The brunette spoke close to my ear. Her breath hit my neck and I teasingly bit my lower lip, whilst giving Cate the side eye. And as her squealing voice rang in my head, I recalled the name. Sidney.

Of course it was a Sidney.

I leaned in closer to her ear and whispered, "I'm aware."

"This is not an arranged marriage. She wants this." Victoria tried to remind the two of what she believed to be true.

My boss's voice had cut in and I leaned back in the booth. The length of my arm dared to lay flat on the backrest, when a sight I was not quite expecting caught my eye.