~15. I wanted to talk.~

TW: stealthing (rape), men, sh

The sketches in Cayden's notebook are unrecognizable. The first, maybe ten pages are some anatomy sketches, but everything after that? It is unbelievably dark. The drawings he created show one creature in different positions and scenes. Yet it is never really only that monster. There's this person, but it's not quite clear what's going on.

Why did Cayden draw such dark things? It so wasn't like him. It was like another person created those sketches, or as if he changed drastically... either way it was fucking scary.

Did I not know him whatsoever? He was kind and sweet and just... perfect.

"Come on, put that book down." Mateo said. "You've literally not taken your eyes off of it, since we got into the car."

"And I won't just stop, because you say so."

"Babe, are you still mad?" His hand was placed on my thigh and although I once felt comfort within this kind of touch, I now was uncomfortable.

I loved him. He was my best friend, wasn't he?

"What do you think?" My eyes shot an annoyed glance at him. "You are aware that whatever you intend to do next does not only effect your future, right? Will you buy some property somewhere now and built a house and tell me randomly one day we'll move again? And the wedding?" I replied.

"Hey, hey, hey what's going on?" He furrowed his brows. "It can't just be this. If you like it or not, I know you quite a bit." He chuckled and I quickly forced a smile.

No he did not apparently... Jesus, he's not okay. Get yourself together, I reminded myself. Still there has to be some kind of chat. I didn't want to keep this from him. It's not what he deserved. Mateo was a good guy. He wanted all those things. A house, the wedding and probably kids too and all of it as fast as humanly possible.

And once, I am sure, I felt like those things were possible with him by my side. Sometimes it's better to have a partner you understand, a best friend, than a romantic relationship...

I had to do this, either way. I've promised it Cate.

"Can we talk about something?" I finally brought out after a few minutes of silence.

"Oh, oh, that sounds like trouble." Mateo joked, as he locked the car behind us and walked up the front door of our house. Jingling with his keys, he let us inside and out of nowhere some jazz began to play. Dim candle lights made a path upstairs and my eyes caught the rose petals leading the same way. My fiancé turned around and sneaked his hands behind my back, resting them on my ass. "I prepared a romantic evening, to make it up to you. We've both been having a stressful weekend. And you have summer holidays, so why not enjoy them?" Another forced smile hopped onto my lips.

He ignored my request completely. "We need to talk." I glared at him, brows furrowed and hope in my heart.

"Shh... let's go upstairs and relax a bit. We'll take it slow, just like you like it." He smiled, referring to me leading mainly all of the times we have sex.

It was just this thing, that I had to be in control at all times. At work, I was responsible for my students. In private, it was the same. If I was not the on ein control, I wouldn't relax. So about the moving and wedding thing? Yeah, that was a pretty big deal.

"Mateo, please. I'm not in the mood." I tried to get him off his track. "No, let's do this tomorrow maybe."

"Babe, please, come on it's been so long since we've done something romantic. I feel like we never have time for us..." Eyebrows knitted, Mateo tilted his head and I knew he was very right about this.