~14. At peace for a minute.~

Sunlight shining through the thin material of the curtains allowed me to wake up. Inhaling through the nose I prepared myself for eventually upcoming nausea or the worst headache. Though as so often, I felt quite okay at first. The big game changer is calmness and water. There ain't anything else working for me.

So I remained in the same position for a little longer, until my bladder made such impossible and I was forced to leave the safe zone.

However, as I attempted to crawl out of bed an arm around my waist hold me in place. It was odd enough I hadn't noticed Cate's arm there earlier, since it was underneath the blanket. Her palm literally rested on my nude stomach. Her hand was underneath my shirt.

I wanted this to be something daily. I wanted to wake up in her embrace every morning. Never before had I felt this way. Not once had I felt glad to wake up. But here I was probably hungover in bed with a woman, who plays my fake fiancé for the weekend. The weekend which will be over in a few hours...

I need to talk to Mateo. This had to... change.

Thoughts shaken off, I lifted Cate's hand off my body. Meanwhile movement was happening behind me, I brought it closer to my lips and planted a kiss onto the back of her hand, before entering the bathroom.

Head circling and vision blurry I managed to get done with about half my routine in the bathroom. The necklace Cate had gifted me, laid in my palm, after I found it in the makeup p bag. As I stood in front of the mirror and my sight cleared up, I saw eyes full of guilt staring back at me.

The situation yesterday in the bathroom downstairs wouldn't leave my mind. At least I was no cheater, right?

I put on the necklace and all the clouds cleared up.

Picking up the glass from my nightstand, I observed it for a moment, before chugging it down in one go. This was pure satisfaction. Gosh I was beyond thirsty.

When I sat down again, after my legs didn't seem to be fond of the idea to carry me much longer, I felt fingertips running along my lower back. Goosebumps covered my body and before I had a chance to hide the smile spreading across my face, I was pulled into Cate's arms chuckling at her actions.

"Good morning, kitten." She hummed and continued to caress my back with tender movements.

"You're teasing already? It's too early." I groaned into her chest.

"But baby, you love it." She chuckled.

"Nonesense..."

"Don't lie to me." Her tone was suddenly stern and out of the blue she had captured my chin within her hands, forcing me to face her. "Are we clear?" I nodded slowly. "Use words."

"Yes." Her grip faded and my head was allowed to rest on her chest again. "I wish we could stay like this for a little longer."

"Well, I suppose you have a bit of explaining to do when we go downstairs."

I frowned and turned my head slightly, tilting it upwards so she could see. "What do you mean?"

"You hinted quite extraordinary at the fact that we weren't engaged but you and a man."

I swallowed at her statement. The fantasy was over. If they knew, it was all over. My minute of peace would be gone. Blown away. Carried away with the wind.

"I need to talk to him."

"You should." Cate's gentle strokes brought intense comfort to me, although my brain had other plans.

Yet her hand fought off the negativity. She was my savior.

"I have a headache." I mumbled, the second pain set in. It was mild and endurable, hence the woman's hand soothed my head, by skimming her nails across my skull.