~10. The Flower Bouquet She Threw.~

A movie marathon later, the sun was past its high. I hadn't left the bed or the room for that matter. My sleeping shorts and shirt remained on my body, yet I did manage to brush my teeth. What a success. It would have grossed me out far too much not to clean them.

I eventually reached a point where I began to rewatch some live action Disney movies. The second I had put on Cinderella, I took note of her. Cate. She looked awfully fine and the roll as the evil stepmother was hilarious. The perfect woman, she portrayed, truly had some traumatic past she was fleeing from.

So I was sitting, wrapped in Cate's blanket, in the middle of the bed, focused on the ongoing storyline, when the door lock clicked.

Heavy footsteps echoed through the room.

"How's the lazy day going?" The woman called out and closed the door. Empty shoes fell to the ground and there Cate walked up to me.

"I appreciate this. Truly, Cate."

"Of course." She grinned at me and loosened the hair-tie, which left her hair with a wrinkled structure. "There was no need for you to struggle another time through social activities, whilst your mind was everywhere else."

"Was it so obvious?" Her clearly self-speaking expression said it all, as the blonde let her fingertips graze through her hair, loosing the tension in it. "Usually I hide it well."

Sitting down next to me, Cate's back collided with my lower thighs and she groaned out as if she was releasing pain. A smile immediately wandered to my lips.

"Then it's been time for your breakdown." Eyes resting, the blonde intertwined her fingers behind her head.

Reaching forward, my hand placed itself on the woman's forehead.

"Such an exhausting day?" I pouted. "My poor Cate." Stroking along the blonde's hair, a strand playfully twirling around my finger.

Cate huffed and whilst her eyes fluttered open, the woman smirked at me. "If I had known you'd be the devil, I had been the one sending you out there alone." Shaking my head at her, she earned me to beam. "How is your thigh doing, honey? Any itches, pain?" Her brows rose.

Gently grinning, I shook my head left and right. "It's fine."

"You can allow yourself to be vulnerable. Admitting pain is no weakness. Just mentioning it and not wanting to talk about it? Perfectly fine with me. Only do me —do yourself a favor and don't just swallow all of this."

Wetting my lips, I exhaled. Slowly I formed words in my mouth. "What am I supposed to do?" Quite startled by my question Cate glared at me and patiently waited for me to continue. "...I-" my eyes averted from her completely and I found myself staring outside the window. "This sucks. It's just— it's not fair." Tears building up, I locked my jaw.

Cate's hand loosened underneath her head and softly laid on top of mine. "What is it that you want? And how can I help you reach it?"

Since I knew I wouldn't be speaking about the topic anymore, my eyes traveled back to her face. And the deep joy this brought me scared the shit out of me.

"I want to talk. I really do." She nodded and squeezed my hand, thinking I'd do just that. "But I can't." I made a small break to gather myself whilst not having to look into these truthful orbs. "Gosh, I can't even keep eye contact with you, whilst trying to tell."

Lip quivering the water dared to slide down my cheeks and I couldn't allow that to happen. To my utter surprise Cate suddenly helped out.

"Alright, we need to get out of here." I frowned at her. "No, don't give me that look. I actually-" The woman got up from the bed and did whatever, yet she proceeded. "Need your specific help tonight. And keep that dirty mind of yours to yourself, it's not even close."