Chapter 103: Wake Up to Reality

Opening 12

.

Paimon: Seriously, Lucius! You need to be careful when using that power! Paimon doesn't wanna see you get poisoned again!

Lucius: Sorry, sorry, but I need to try and use it so I can better understand it, and I'm sorry but I have to take the risk.

Paimon: Ugh! You're so stubborn!

Lucius: That's a compliment, you know.

Paimon: (sigh) Paimon knows that... just... try to be careful when testing that power.

Lucius: Yeah, yeah.

He stares at his clenched fist.

Lucius: ("It's painfully obvious that I can't use this power if I'm with allies, I can't let them be hit by the aura. But... it's kinda weird that for someone who's only just started to use this power... I am able to use certain moves easily.")

???: Hello, Traveler. Have you ever heard of "A Moment of Dreams"?

A voice calls out, snapping Lucius from his thinking trance.

Lucius: H-Huh? What's... that?

Pedrush: It's the name of an event we started to hold regularly. Dreams have become quite the hot topic in Sumeru, and many people are excited to share the dreams they've seen at night. The same goes for me! The last time I dreamed was when I was but a little child, so I can't help but feel excited and nostalgic about dreaming again.

Paimon: Oh right, it's been two weeks since everyone's able to dream again!

Pedrush: Yes! We organized an event to give everyone with new dreams a platform to freely share their experiences. And thus our event, "A Moment of Dreams," was born.

Paimon: So it's kinda like a fireside chat...

Pedrush: You could say that. We hear all sorts of wild and fabulous stories every day. Really, why not have a listen for yourselves?

Lucius: I can understand your curiosity in that aspect but dreaming is normal for me.

Pedrush: Oh really? So you mean... you've already seen many dreams?

Lucius: I guess so... it's not that big of a deal to me but I can see why it would be for you.

Pedrush: Yes! It is a big deal because we need experienced participants like you to share your experiences with dreaming. Please allow me to address you two as "dream experts"!

Lucius: That... doesn't sound right to me... but I know that just having the word "expert" is gonna make Paimon happy.

Paimon: Oh, "expert." Hehe, Paimon kinda likes it!

Lucius facepalms in annoyance.

Lucius: Of course you do.

Pedrush: Now you seem interested, hehe. Please, follow me to the meeting place. It won't take much of your time. Rest assured, you'll find all the drinks and snacks you'd like there.

Paimon: Wow, how accommodating!

Lucius: For fucks sake...

Paimon: Ah, but wait... Paimon's getting ahead of herself again.

Lucius: No shit sherlock. You're deciding shit for me again when I already told you about this.

Paimon: U-Uh...