Chapter 135: Impending Prophecy

Opening 15

.

After being dismissed, the two return back to the infirmary.

Lynette: Welcome back. Do you want a cup of tea?

Lucius: I'm good, thanks for the offer.

Paimon: How can you be so much like Wriothesley, always drinking tea...

Lynette: Huh, actually, now that you mention it, I just remembered something now. While I was sedated, I could still barely hear two people talking next to me. They were discussing everything from the leaves to the water and even the teacups themselves... 

Lyney: Must have been Wriothesley and Sigewinne.

Lynette: Yeah, I heard one male voice and one female, so it should have been the two of them. They... really were just talking about brewing tea.

Freminet: I really can't make sense of this place...

Lyney: So, Lucius, Paimon... Were you able to learn anything from Wriothesley? 

Lucius: Yeah... a lot.

Lyney: Very well... then would you mind checking your answers against my speculations?

Lucius: Sure.

Paimon: Lyney sounds a lot more like his old self.

Lyney: Yeah, I took the time to rest, so I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now.

Lynette: Nobody else is around, and Miss Sigewinne is also busy with something or other, so let's just talk here.

Lyney: Alright. Then, I'll posit my theories. I asked myself three questions. Firstly, why was Freminet affected by the Primordial Seawater? It was because he dove into the sea. My theory is... the long lost Primordial Sea is probably very close to the Fortress of Meropide.

Lucius: Correct.

Paimon: He got that right on the first try!

Freminet: That's our Lyney.

Lyney: Secondly, Wriothesley's attitude changed dramatically during the course of our stay here. He ignored us completely at first, then suddenly roadblocked us. Why? I spent quite a long time thinking about this. If he has been monitoring the Fatui since the very beginning, he probably ignored us at first because he was hoping we could find Master Childe for him. What's more, the Fortress of Meropide is not a part of Fontaine's court system, nor does it report to Iudex Neuvillette. Wriothesley is basically the king of a no man's land.

Lyney: As long as the Fortress doesn't do anything about Master Childe's disappearance, "Father" can use it to pressure the Fontaine authorities. And while the two factions are pitted against each other, Wriothesley will be free to move between the parties of interest. If I had to guess, he probably has something that he's working on himself. It's likely related to the secret of the infirmary, but I just can't think of what it could be...

Paimon: Wow! You're super smart!

Lucius: Impressive, Lyney.

Lyney: Haha, thanks so much. Then finally, there's the last question. If Wriothesley does have a plan, what could it be? All I know for now is that his plan probably has something to do with the changing nature of the seawater. He's even gotten Clorinde to help him out...

Lyney: That can't be the full extent of what he's doing. There's probably a secret passageway behind the block in the infirmary, and there's something big in the Fortress that most people here never get to see. He has a bargaining chip, and it could be important enough for Father to deal with him directly.  I don't have enough information, so I have no idea what his chip might be. But let me guess... you have the last piece of the puzzle.