4| Awaken

𝟏𝟓𝟗𝟐 | 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

- ♦♦♦ -

Not many things had surprised Seonghwa throughout the decades he had been living, but the low guttural sound vibrating against the walls made shivers run down his spine and hit his core with something terrifyingly mad thrilling.

Seonghwa shuddered while his instincts drew a hand and straightened his stature with dripping accuracy in marking the details of the other's fangs. A hiss woke from his throat, cast against the man as a threat, and Seonghwa quietly tensed his every muscle, taut with anticipation.

Anticipation of something that never happened.

Seonghwa got up from the floor when Yunho never moved away from the doorway, staying there as if he waited for Seonghwa to be the one approaching. His steps echoed in the hollow home, following a straight line right up to the tall man, and soon he grasped his fingers around Yunho's bloodied face. Immediately, Seonghwa noticed that the smells of the liquid was not his nor were they Yunho's own, and with silent eyes he lined his gaze along the trail of blood left on the floor going all the way to the open door Seonghwa had left closed earlier. Fleetly, he saw the state of the room, nearly having a cardiac arrest because of the mess of bowls and red and bodies tossed all over the place. He moved back to Yunho's showing fangs there just seemed to always have been there, because, after all, Yunho wanted to live.

He tucked his face a little more down, detecting the other's face closer even if the closeness had not been if any necessary; Seonghwa just had a hard time keeping his startled fascination and pride at place in his cold chest. Because he could not understand how this was even possible.

"Did you ruin my workspace?" he asked, voice a bit stern if not scolding.

The moment of quietness turned into rumbles of low growling and Seonghwa gradually tightened his fingers around Yunho's face, his eyes glaring into the red orbs of the bloodthirsty creature in front of him. But he got no answer, and Seonghwa decided to let go of him again, sighing deeply with some unknown feeling pressing in his chest.

Stepping around Yunho, he followed the trail of blood into the messy room, perceiving how hunger had raged around. How nice of him to leave him more to clean up.

Seonghwa was not one very fond of having guests.

He crouched down and slid his pointer finger through a pool of blood, slowly feeling the rich liquid spreading across his fingertips. Right behind him, or, that was what his sharp hearing told him, the other was growling. But Seonghwa ignored it, though his throat tightened to hold himself from triggering those same sounds. He turned around, one of his knees leaning down onto the floor as he licked his fingers clean again. Yunho's eyes were drawn intensely at the act, and somehow Seonghwa couldn't help himself but feel some kind of pity for the poor man.

"Have you not ruined enough, you think?" Seonghwa asked him, squinting his eyes in an evaluative way and raising himself from the floor again. He brushed a neat hand down his ropes which only stained the fabric with red.

Suddenly he strode forward and grabbed Yunho in his torn clothes before he pulled him further into the room with such strength that made the taller man trip over his own feet and fall over one of the corpses with lost balance.

"Clean it up!" Seonghwa snarled at him, jerking his hands off again to fold them tight to his body. His eyes seemed to be burning red with a hot temper and glaring might.

"Finish it before dawn," he continued with a purse of his lips, "And then I may consider keeping you alive."

It seemed as if Yunho had quite difficulty understanding the task Seonghwa was putting him into, considering the intense red eyes there came closer Seonghwa. The man was tall when standing this healthy on his legs, even taller than Seonghwa himself who in general was considered on the taller side of humans height.