9| Gods-ordained massacre

Heads up! A lot of killing will be going on in this chapter.. happy reading...🫢

_____

𝟏𝟔𝟎𝟏 | 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

- ♦♦♦ -

"Yunho, you have to get up." Seonghwa did not bother packing more of his belongings than what was most necessary. He did not have time to go through it all. "We have to get going now!"

Yunho grimaced when he slowly rolled around in the bed, "But I haven't healed - I will only slow us down." Seonghwa pierced his eyes through him, like the stick had done a few days ago, "You wish to die?" he asked him, acutely. Groaning, Yunho turned his head in the fabric his neck had been propped up against.

Seonghwa took a step forward and harshly grabbed Yunho's chin with two of his fingers as he said, "They are coming - I can see their burning torches through the falling snow," Seonghwa's mouth quivered, "When they leave this place here, there will be nothing left to see of this property."

Only memories would flutter around in the wind filled with strong smells of smoke and enmity.

He watched Yunho swallow before starting to pull his legs out of the furniture. Seonghwa could not wait any longer. He threw a hand under Yunho and handled him around to be held on his back. The vampire tightened his arms around the other's thighs before grabbing the bag he had left on the chair.

His mind was a place of chaos and screams.

His feet delved through endless heaps of snow as he escaped the lands he had been used to living in for centuries now. Being honest with himself, it felt like walking through foreign emotions fighting in his chest; a heaviness clumping in his limbs.

Yunho's face was nuzzled into his neck, but he could not tell if the man was asleep or not.

As he followed an old pathway through the terrain, his eyes raked across the dark clouds, not knowing where they were going. Only time would know.

Seonghwa shifted his arms holding around Yunho's legs. Luckily for him, the tall man was of a slender build and not heavy to lift at all. What worried Seonghwa the most was their lack of supplies. A few days without consuming any blood would not make the problem - but the possibility of going weeks without feeding was troubling him direly.

And Seonghwa was already growing tired.

Suddenly he felt a wetness touch his nape and Seonghwa stiffened, all of his attention moving to the weight of a tongue pressing against the snip of revealed skin. Seonghwa had not been aware of Yunho's doings until now. The heat growing along with his fangs was impossible not to notice. He tried to ignore it and played it off as if Yunho was only drooling in his sleep.

Said drool was rolling down under his clothes. He could not just ignore it.

"Yunho," he said, waiting for a response.

But the other was quiet when Seonghwa suddenly felt the points of teeth scraping across his skin. Seonghwa halted his movements and waited with the little patience he had left. He already knew the answer to his question, but he asked him anyway: "Are you hungry?"

The tiniest rumble vibrated in the back of Seonghwa's head while Yunho nibbled on his skin, "You smell so good.."

His fledgling was hungry.

Yunho flattened his tongue against him again before he was suddenly swung onto the ground. Away from Seonghwa. Seonghwa did not make any glance at him as he fiddled with a hand inside his bag, hurriedly trying to find the very last bottle with blood they had left. He pulled it up and Yunho was already staring at it with round eyes like two buttons. He didn't even see Seonghwa when he popped the lid and was handed over the scarce supplies that hurt Seonghwa to give away to another.