5| Vitalities

The next chapters will probably not be published as often as I have managed so far!
Thank you for reading and I hope that you'll enjoy this chapter♡♡
_____

𝟏𝟓𝟗𝟐 | 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

- ♦♦♦ -

Weeks passed by and Yunho slowly accepted Seonghwa as his sire in this household. Not that Yunho had plenty of choices left anyway. He understood that he was much different than what he had been before, which firstly, surely made it a hundred times easier for Seonghwa to keep an eye on him now that he considered him as his responsibility. And secondly, Seonghwa felt pleased by the respect he was served.

Although, the prior warrior still had his fits, especially when blood was involved. Seonghwa knew it was the hunger pressing him into outliving his instincts, so he couldn't really blame Yunho for attacking him as it naturally just was a part of how he was now. But it also tired him of having to always be aware of his surroundings if he wanted to keep his body intact.

The episode yesterday had been especially bad. Despite how little Seonghwa knew about bringing up a new bloodthirsty vampire, he still was aware of how much blood those little new beasts craved in order to stay sane. Seonghwa far from remembered the time he had been at the same stage, but his intuition told him that Yunho should feed at least once a day. Unlike Seonghwa who enjoyed sipping on his drinks just a little every day, Yunho needed lots of blood. When he had brought in the three bowls of red liquids to the place where he had told Yunho to stay, he had refused any of its contents before he had tasted Seonghwa's blood. Yunho had jumped him the instant he had let go of the bowls, forcing Seonghwa back into the wall at the opposite end of the room. Yunho had had his nails clawing into Seonghwa's clothes which unraveled the moment Seonghwa had pushed the other off before teeth would have dug into his neck. Seonghwa was still much stronger than the newborn vampire, and Yunho had flung right into the wall too, Seonghwa's fingers enclosing around his throat as Yunho with all his might had fought for his freedom. That did not happen, instead, he was granted a wrecked head from the many times Seonghwa smashed it into the wall.

Now, Seonghwa stared at the ugly hole in his white-painted wall, feeling how annoyance was creeping into his soul.

When he thought about it, Yunho was actually only turning worse and worse every day that passed and Seonghwa couldn't really understand why he so much wanted to feed from him instead of the masses of blood in the presented bowls.

What was so special about drinking the blood he had consumed and now streamed around in his body? He blamed it on the raw instincts of their nature; where the sources of blood shall be gained by feeding directly off a living human.

Seonghwa got up from the mat on the floor and fetched a few bowls from the morgue before leaving to go find Yunho. After all, he took his responsibilities seriously no matter how much trouble they caused him.

Through the windows, he spotted Yunho leaning against one of the tall trees around the hanok, withered grass swallowing him down to the ground. Seonghwa sighed. Relieved, maybe.

He rarely spoke to him as it seemed Yunho would rather want to be left alone, but from what Seonghwa was able to conclude, the other enjoyed sitting outside at any time of the day. Seonghwa didn't really know why, but he guessed Yunho liked nature and its healing abilities on him. He pushed the door to the side before finding a heavy rock to sit on, one not too close to where Yunho sat. Then Seonghwa contemplated if he should step closer and ask him if he was hungry, or if he should stay put and wait for Yunho to freely come to him.

The air was dense today, full of mist that made it hard to see that far away in the distance. A result of the cooler seasons' beginning.

Seonghwa's eyes strayed back to the crumpled form of Yunho that somehow didn't seem like he was just resting a little up against the sturdy tree. Obviously, it would be hard to tell if a vampire acted ill now that there neither was any heartbeat or breath to calculate one's speculations off, but even from the distance between them, Seonghwa could tell that Yunho normally never would lean that exhausted up against the tree he always sat by. Theoretically, their kind did not even need any shuteye at all.