21| A seduction of a vampire

So, we're officially stepping into a new era...👀

_____

𝟏𝟕𝟔𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲

59 years later

- ♦♦♦ -

The heels of a shoe clicked against the uneven layer of cobblestones around the corner of the building, the sound drawing no attention until the boots entered through the open doorway. Standing still, yet being everything but quiet as eyes marked through the tavern's dim light. Seonghwa watched the man from the shadows of the room, listening to the hushed whispers along the rows of tables while the man's heavy weapons rattled by his side along with his steps to the counter. Rough elbows slammed down into the surface, followed by the slurs of corsair's talk as he had the pretty lady roll her eyes and turn around to work when he ordered something to drench his thirst with.

Seonghwa had never seen him around but there was no doubt that people scattered around in here very well knew who he was..

Fear beaded on the tip of his tongue from scenting the air and a strong wind ruffled through his hair the moment the ghost of an eye turned to look right back at him. It was murderous.

Painted with sheer surprise, Seonghwa blinked with his eyes as he confusedly stared at the man's back as vamping words danced around the pretty lady. She did not bat him an eye while she tended to her other customers. The man rolled a purring sound with his tongue as he lastly attempted to have her full attention. But instead, she glared at him and forced him to cough up money for his liquor.

This human seemed interesting.

Seonghwa trailed the man leaving the counter with his eyes, counting every short step in his high-heeled boots until he was realising they came his way. He believed it hadn't been the man's intention to turn to him, but now he was. And his one eye was only looking at him.

The cup slammed into the tabletop right in front of Seonghwa as the lopsided grin reached his eye level a moment later. The man was leaning forward across the table as he pulled a chair over and sat down, eyesight raking down what parts he could see of Seonghwa above the table.

"Gott'n yerself quite a long way from 'ome, darlin'?" the man slurred, making Seonghwa stare at the way this man moved his mouth. For a moment, he did nothing but observe his dainty nose peaking out between the many scars marring deep into the skin of his face. When his sight wandered across his softly rounded cheekbones, he found the man patiently waiting for him to return with a regained whit of attention.

Seonghwa blinked dumbfounded with his eyes when he parted his lips to speak, "Pardon?"

The man in front of him smiled smugly and Seonghwa traced the poor attempt of stitching around the edges of the leather patch he wore on his right eye.

"Ye ain't from them lands. Yer clads be tellin' me, pretty," the man continued in a language that had Seonghwa stiffen.

"You know of.."

Chuckling, the man leaned back into his chair and chugged down a mouthful of his liquids, "Me eomma been from Great Joseon. I been brought up with that tongue." The empty cup slammed back into the table and the man groaned satisfied and lifted a hand to dry his lips with the back of it.

"An' why be a pretty lass like yerself in a place like this 'ere? Be ye waiting fer someone?"

Suggestively, the man lifted a brow at him and the ancient vampire only caught the change of tone when the sailor in front of him licked his lips greedily. Full of played shyness, Seonghwa tucked a strand of loose hair behind his ear while looking down at the wooden table. "No, I was told this tavern would be great at introducing one to new faces.."