2| One was a fool to trust

So...heh.. I figured I couldn't just leave you guys hanging with only one chapter, so here's another one!
Love you all, enjoy reading<3

_____

𝟏𝟓𝟗𝟐 | 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

- ♦♦♦ -

Seonghwa dragged the body all the way over to the gathering of rocks where he had left the other warrior earlier. Looking a little at the arrangement, he tilted his head slightly, thinking of how peculiar the scene seemed. Headless man and opponent with an arm laying in a very unnatural way across the ground. The sight made him scoff.

Silently, Seonghwa returned to the battlegrounds, collecting dead bodies like they were mere ripe fruit hanging from a tree, ready to be plucked and devoured. After clearing the area around the west side of the village, cadavers were piled up against the rocks, and soon he moved them toward the mountain rather quickly.

Seonghwa was the one disposing of the dead. A situation that served his bloodthirst.

One of the wounded wasn't dead. He was crying, voice rough from how much he had been yelling in pain, and for a moment, Seonghwa felt pity for the mortal. Seonghwa's notable, although stained, but still white-coloured clothes told that he came as peace.

"You're a healer- pl-please help me, my-my," the man stuttered in desperation as his hands were pressed tightly against the leg he had strapped with a rope, trying to stop the bleeding.

He seemed like a middle-aged man, but the ragged clothes and the deep lines on his forehead and around his eyes made him look much older. His beard was stained with blood, as the rest of his body was. Seonghwa noted where all the blood must have come from when he discovered how the marks from a strong sword had been cutting into his thigh. The man was shaking in fear.

Seonghwa sat down in front of him, eyes staring right into the pure soul with his own tainted eyes, and there he might think that the pained man realised what he was speaking to. He could hear the galloping heartbeat in his chest.

"See.. are you sure that you want my help?"

He watched the man gulp troublesome as his eyes were drawn to the sharp fangs in his mouth. Seonghwa licked up the delicate emotions trading with the air. The man became quiet, but his lip quivered like he wanted to say something more.

Looking down at the wound, it made the man's eyes follow along and Seonghwa felt how the new tears welt up in his eyes again, "No," he choked out and removed a hand from the rope and put it for his mouth and whispered: "Please end it."

Without any further instructions, Seonghwa moved forward and snapped the man's head to the side before he could even react. All healers did was help, and Seonghwa did what was best.

A man without his leg was a dead man anyway.

Sighing, Seonghwa let go of the corpse, watching how the limp weight fell to the ground, hollow and daunting, far from any peaceful. Humans were so fragile.

He moved some more bodies into the mountains before he gathered the rest he could find in a huge pile that he soon would reckon to set afire. People from the village wouldn't have time to mind the devilish act of burning the dead without any proper funeral as it seemed at the current moment. Seonghwa didn't want the blood to attract his kind to the village either.

The sun had left the sky to be enveloped in darkness, the moon's light shining down onto the landscape of shadows instead. The starving flames eating at the village became more visible in the dimmed light.