6| Bound by blood

𝟏𝟓𝟗𝟐 | 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

- ♦♦♦ -

The following days, Seonghwa felt as if a shadow was looming around in the corners of his hanok, breathing him in his neck whenever it thought he wouldn't notice. But indeed Seonghwa felt the way Yunho's slender hands graced the slightest of the ends of his long hair - a finger invisibly pulling it to the side so that he could scent Seonghwa's blood better.

But every time Seonghwa turned around to see him, he had fled the scene. And Seonghwa wondered if it was out of fear or shyness.

One time when his eyes raked the morgue where he just had fetched his meal, he found Yunho sitting on top of the beams crossing the room where he had found him before. It did not surprise him. The morgue was as clean as it could be, not a single corpse or bowl had been touched and it had Seonghwa furrowing his brows.

It was weird the way Yunho was acting. Despite Seonghwa's own memories that he barely remembered from the time at such an age, he still had the feeling that he definitely wasn't so sane after being turned. How could it be Yunho mastered such self-control?

Tilting his head a little to the side, he perceived the other's state of mind. Yunho's eyes were glassy as he stared soullessly down at him, looking nowhere like the warrior he had saved from death's claws. His bravery seemed to have withered, leaving behind the empty corpse of a young, ill man. Seonghwa could not understand it.

"What are you doing here?" he finally asked, lifting the bowl to his lips and taking a sip.

They had not talked since Seonghwa let him taste his blood and Seonghwa suspected the reason to be of that matter. He took another sip as he tried not to slip from his conscience state of mind. But Yunho only stared down at him, expression falling heavy.

Seonghwa licked his front teeth as he thought of the situation, "Have you fed today?"

The other still didn't move any bit, "No?" he questioned, raising a brow. Yunho was more silent than the stillness of the wind.

Unraveling, Seonghwa placed the bowl down onto the framework of the draining-table before he turned around to face Yunho again. His long fangs broke out when he threw his body against the wall and climbed to the beam where Yunho not even a second after was knocked down into the floor. A loud crack filled the room and soon Seonghwa was crawling after the young man scrambling away from him across the floor, moaning in pain. Seonghwa did not mind his agony any bit. He cornered Yunho against the wall and instantly tore him closer by his clothes, "Answer me when I ask you of something!"

Yunho flinched at the sudden change of tone, eyes widening in fear of what he would do to him. There was no mercy left in Seonghwa's eyes.

"I have given you more than one could ask for; you have food, a place to stay, and I even granted you an entirely new life! And yet, you have the audacity to ignore me when I ask you simple questions!? Your disrespect gives me no other choice but to end your second chance. I will kill you, I will bloody murder you here and now before I hunt down your family and do the same to them! No one will ever remember your existence, I will make sure of that," Seonghwa was fuming, his chest rapidly heaving and sinking as if he pulled on the air to breathe. His hands writhed his clothes around, nails piercing through the fabric and digging down into Yunho's chest.

Frantically Yunho turned his head away, "I-I just wanted to have time pass," he answered, closing his eyes clearly afraid of the monster nailing him to the floor.

Annoyingly, his expression had Seonghwa pressing his tongue to his teeth as he kept more seething words from sounding aloud. Something about Yunho looking so scared had him feel a disgusting pity for him.