10| Poisonous women

Please beware of the insane time skip ahead! TT
Thank you for reading, Ily all <3

_____

𝟏𝟔𝟑𝟕 | 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

35 years later.

- ♦♦♦ -

Seonghwa had been learning Yunho how to hunt by himself. But that did not mean the least that he trusted his fledgling to stay out of trouble. Through the last few decades, Yunho's uncontrollable bloodthirst had decreased enough for him to fare between humans on a daily basis. His body had finally consented to the distinct changes which fairly also meant that Yunho gradually had been drinking less of Seonghwa's blood. Seonghwa was fine with that.

What he still had yet to find tolerable was how it also meant that Yunho would need more blood from someone else.

Someone dead.

He was sat up against the wall of the building; inebriated people passing by him now and then, cheering and celebrating the weather's change and the beautifully blossoming cherry trees, colouring the village in pink hues. Love interests were sparking this night and Seonghwa could simply not tear his eyes off the betrothed pair sitting in the other end of the hall.

To be quite frank, it was a perfect night; possibly one of the cheeriest that Seonghwa had experienced in a while. The levity had him lick the pointiness of one of his teeth while thinking of how this night granted them with little labor of eating the humans alive. A few mouthfuls of toxic drinks would make them go utterly dumb.

Seonghwa was sat against the furthest wall of the building, eyes wandering across the many bodies without a break as he pretended to be nursing his drink in front of him. The air tasted so sweet and it was nearly too simple to reach out for the humans wandering past him every now and then.

But he was also keeping a tight eye on Yunho sitting among a flock of humans; he was doing well, better than he ever had done if Seonghwa had to be fair. The man had never lost his abilities in his pinch of charm that he carried along with the eloquent words that he delicately spoke. Yunho was a people person and that was an advantage when he in a little while would be luring his prey on a little walk to their residence on the outskirts of the village. Away from any curious eyes.

Yunho was young and witty, and also currently wooing a young woman. Her eyes never seemed to leave Seonghwa's tall fledgling, head tilted slightly as she shyly giggled at whatever he was telling her. He offered her a full cup to drink of when he leaned across the table and whispered into her ear, something that Seonghwa heard every single word of: "May I invite you out for a little walk with me?"

The young woman was biting her lip as she looked down at the cup she wrapped her fingers around. Lightly folding on top of Yunho's. It was too obvious for Seonghwa to see through her façade. She had only waited for him to ask her this. She tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear before nodding at Yunho. They both stood up and Seonghwa better than knew the sign of Yunho's arm courtesy wrapping around the young lady was the sign of him choosing tonight's meal.

As Seonghwa prepared himself to follow when a shrill sound whisked through the air and his head flung around in the direction of the sudden disturbance. His eyes landed on the table where the betrothed pair was sitting. While the young man's head had fallen to lay flat against the table, the girl's hands were with quick movements discreetly working a bottle open before pouring some liquid into the man's cup. It smelled bitter.

Seonghwa squinted his eyes as he let them across the closest people around the pair. No other had been noticed about the sharp sound and bitter smell, and it made him find Yunho among the crowd. But he was looking across his shoulder, right at the pair as well. He had heard.