23| Venomous blade of a notorious corsair

𝟏𝟕𝟔𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲

- ♦♦♦ -

The world was in blurry around him. Awaking in the early hours of daybreak, light blinded Seonghwa's sensitive eyesight from where they started dotting the silent streets he stumbled down off. A rare terror burned in his feet, clumping with such weight that scared him in ways he shouldn't feel as a being that superior as himself. But the weight had him trembling with exhaustion on his feet, failing the simple task of walking in a straight line on the bumpy cobblestones. Seonghwa clenched his teeth together when pain jolted in the deep wound in his leg.

Woozily, he drew one of his hands under his hanbok, feeling the icky substance clinging to his palm where he touched the unsealed wound seeping with those precious drops of red. His shoulder collided with a wall when he suddenly lost his balance and stumbled sideways into the cool hardness, knocking him senseless for a moment. Seonghwa groaned irritated while he forced his limp body around on his shaking feet to scout the street for any wake eyes. But nothing more but the stench of blood had been trailing after him on his walk to here. His eyes went downward to where the trail stopped under him and the red stream made him grimace and pull the hem of the fabric up to see how clodding blood stuck to his skin, running down between his toes. He was losing too much blood.

Red swirled with his eyesight long before he even realised the red liquid had been running from his eyes and nose all this time when someone suddenly screamed at the horror wandering down those quiet streets of this morning. Seonghwa's head whipped around while blood poured into his sight when he knew he had been seen. But it mattered little when next he felt his body falling under him and his consciousness failing to remember.

"Seonghwa-ssi? Seonghwa, are you there? Yun- Yunho! He awakes!"

Fingers desperately clutched to his shoulders as his senses slowly grew stronger and he could feel the rest of a body swallowing around his limp form. Worried eyes blinked down at him and Seonghwa's heart gave a sudden skittish clench at the realisation before his arms jerked out of their deep trance and pulled his youngest fledgling down to his chest, sounding so deprived even in his own ears.

Fiercely, San's face planted close into his embrace as he started rubbing his purring cheeks all over the touch with Seonghwa, being welcomed by his sire's hands sliding into the mess of his long hair.

Oh, my little Sani. He raspily breathed with his eyes falling shut with new coursing appease wrapping his aching body in the warmth of such care that always floated with San. His cheek moved to bare skin along his neck a moment before a pair of silent footsteps stopped in front of the bed he lay on, making Seonghwa crack one of his eyes open to glance up at the towering man. An expression of that of flushing relief had his fledgling fall to his knees by the side of the bed, hands clutching the edge as his forehead fell heavily down into it. He sighed deeply.

Weakly, Seonghwa strained himself and shoved San to the side until he rolled over with a possessive growl, attaching himself even closer to Seonghwa's side as he wouldn't let go. He ignored the deep rumbles pressing against his neck as he reached his free arm out, scooped his hand under Yunho's chin, and pulled his head up. Round eyes were already wide open and found his curiosity with contradictory nervousness.

"Do you wish to say anything?" dry rawness slit through the air when Seonghwa spoke his first words.

Silently, lips parted without a sound before his sight then flickered to San's nose drawing lines up and down Seonghwa's neck. The look in his eyes did a sudden shift.