15| Final return

𝟏𝟔𝟑𝟕 | 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

- ♦♦♦ -

Seonghwa was right.

Yunho had not awakened and Seonghwa had not seen San ever since the incident. But his senses told him the young boy was just hiding somewhere in the hanok - scared to admit the fault he was at. Seonghwa did not care as long as he stayed within the property. What bothered him was how the gnawing sensation carved the insides of his stomach like carving a spell into a piece of wood - only waiting for the curse to bring hell. And Seonghwa would if he did not decide on what to do with their lack of blood supplies.

His fingers curled around the needle before putting his sewing project down onto the soban. He should be going instead of keeping himself distracted from his worries. It was a strange occurrence as he had never born himself in this way before; he was a man of doing deeds long before their limits. Prompt and precise. But now he was finding his mind scattered all over the place while he hesitated. He should not be waiting any longer.

But it would be a challenge if they were forced to move out of the area when San had yet to get used to his new.. appearance. Traveling would not be a pretty sight when first they would encounter humans. Seonghwa knew that.

Seonghwa got up from his seat when he finally forced himself to make a move. His eyes had a distant glaze across them as he silently moved toward the door. His dull senses sharpened the moment he recognised trodden grass rising again. Seonghwa had been right. What reason was there to go and cast disaster in an entire village when the food willingly came stepping up to his front door?

Grumbles of voices cluttered on the other side of the door, discussing the current situation back and forth before one of the men was pushed closer to the wooden frame and knocked on it. A muffled sound alerted Seonghwa's curiosity.

The thumping onto the wood was like a waking sound going through the entire home and he was sure the others heard by now - even if Yunho still lay in a deep sleep. Seonghwa waited a short moment before delicately reaching his hand out and pulling the door open. He put a welcoming taut smile on his lips as his gaze raked across the men coming to sight in front of him. A young face was among them.

"I have been looking forward to your return," Seonghwa answered, leaning his head to the side as he observed them both suddenly freeze.

San's father pressed his lips into a thin line, "Where is my son. I know you are hiding him." It was not a question and Seonghwa wanted to laugh at the human's bravery. He leaned forward, a smirk growing on his face as he lifted his brows in exaggeration, "Wrong."

"Wrong?" the man's mouth was as biting as his own, "How dare you speak to me like that?"

Seonghwa's eyes did not waver. "Wrong, Sir Choi. Your son is not here anymore."

For a moment the man in front of him just stared at him, full of rage which he pointlessly tried to hold back. Seonghwa's eyes wandered to the other man in the back, slipping down to the fingers digging into the shoulders of a boy.

Sir Choi mumbled a curse under his breath, that surely should not have been heard by any other. Then he turned around and grabbed a fistful of the boy's hair, making him groan in pain. "Call my son here, or we will do this the hard way."

Seonghwa's demeanor did not change at the rough hand in front of him, surely to the human's displeasure. His soft lips moved slickly as words slithered out of him like he tried to deceive them of the truth that no one could refuse but the world should better not know, "Your son has already died."