The Perfect Day

Bakugo's POV

"I wasn't expecting you to get so much stuff." Midoriya said with an amused smile as he looked around the apartment. "If you're this good at interior decorating, why didn't you do it sooner?"

"Most other guys don't like throw pillows and paintings on the wall." I shrugged. I didn't want to scare anyone off.

"Well, you're lucky you have me now." He smiled widely. "I'm going to go downstairs and start unloading the furniture." He said happily, turning for the stairs. Have you ever felt drawn to someone with no explanation of why? I've never had this issue with previous roommates, so why him? Why did I volunteer my day to help him buy furniture, transport it, and carry it up the stairs? I wouldn't even do that for my best friends.

I looked around the living room, feeling content. Did I really have a knack for decorating? I've always enjoyed it, but I didn't think I was this good at it. He was right about the yellow and grey. It definitely did brighten up the room. It made the apartment feel more open, more liked a home. I smiled to myself, maybe this arrangement wouldn't be so bad.

"Can you open the door?" Midoriya yelled from the hallway. Shit, he went downstairs to start grabbing furniture. I meant to follow him, but I got lost in my head again. I quickly walked to the door, opening it. He was awkwardly balancing one of the night stands in his hands, struggling to not drop it.

"Here, let me grab it." I said, reaching out. "Sorry, I got distracted. I'll set this by your bed and come down and help."

"Thank you." He smiled before going back down the stairs. I walked down the hall, setting the nightstand by his bed. He got good furniture, and for a great price. It was a pain in the ass to get everything to fit in the truck, but we did it. I turned around and headed back through the apartment so I could continue helping him. I couldn't wait to see what the room looked like when it was all done. It made me a little jealous since my room was more basic than sliced bread.

"Bakugo?" Midoriya yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah?" I yelled back, walking out the front door.

"I was just wondering if you got lost." He laughed as I made my way down the stairs. "The dresser vanity is next, and I can't grab it by myself."

"Did you want to take the mirror off?" I asked, glancing outside. It was kind of large and I don't know how well we'll be able to carry it up the stairs like that. "I don't want to bang it against the wall." He heard me, but he didn't say anything in reply. He was staring at me, lost in his own head. What had I said? I couldn't even remember.

"Midoriya?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his face.

"Yeah, sorry." He jumped like he forgot where was. "I think we'll be okay, we just have to be careful." He said, rushing out the door. I watched him walk away, and boy, I was confused. Did I do something? Did I say something? Is he just naturally this weird?

"I could use some strong muscles over here!" He yelled with a flirtatious smile. I shook my head, laughing quietly. Maybe gay guys were like women, I wasn't meant to understand them.

"I'm coming." I said, making my way to the truck to help him.

"It doesn't look like it." He winked, climbing into the truck. Did he... did he just flirt with me? I'm not sure what he said, but the wink is something I can understand.

"Start sliding it out." I ordered, standing at the bed of the truck. He groaned loudly, but he didn't seem frustrated. Maybe I should stop talking, just in case. He slid the dresser towards me, being careful to not scrape it on the furniture below it. Thank god Yaoyorozu had tarps for us.

"Alright, I got it." I said, grabbing the end. "Hop on out and try to grab the other side." He put one hand on the side of the truck, jumping over. He leaned over, grabbing the other side. We carefully carried it inside and up the stairs before heading back down. It took an hour, but we were finally able to get all of his stuff upstairs.

"I'm ordering dinner tonight." Midoriya stated as we put the last piece of furniture where he wanted it. "What do you want? I'm paying."

"We can split it." I shrugged, wiping my face with the bottom of my shirt.

"N-No." He stuttered. "You've done enough today, let me pay." He said, grabbing his phone.

"There's this place that makes great subs and makes some of the best desserts and pastries." I said with a defeating sigh. "It's called Chef's Kiss. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's delicious."

"What did you want?" He asked with a small laugh at the name.

"Can you get me an Italian sub and a pumpkin pie taco?" I asked, heading for his bedroom door.

"A pumpkin pie taco?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow. "What the hell is that?"

"It has a cinnamon shell, pumpkin filling, and cream cheese icing on top." I shrugged. "Don't judge the names, I promise they're fucking delicious."

"I'll take your word for it." He laughed, reaching into his bag for his phone. "I'll go ahead and order it."

"Alright, I'm going to go get cleaned up." I laughed. "Maybe we can watch a movie while we eat." I suggested.

"I'd like that." He smiled. It was the kind of smile that lit up a room.

"Alright, I'll meet you in the living room then." I walked to my room, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I had about ten missed texts from Ashido. I was there this morning, but I was supposed to go back and stay the night. She's been extra clingy the last couple of days and I can't seem to figure out why. I pulled up our texts, not even bothering to read what she said. I hit the call button, deciding this would be faster. It took four rings, but she eventually answered.

"Where the hell have you been?" She whined.

"I'm going to have to cancel tonight." I said. "I got caught up with something."

"Oh.." She whispered.

"I'll come by tomorrow though." I walked to my dresser, grabbing fresh clothes.

"Will you spend the night tomorrow?" She sounded hopeful when she asked. I bailed on her tonight, so I figured I owe her that.

"Yeah, I'll spend the night tomorrow." I tried to conceal the heavy sigh, but I couldn't. If she heard it, she didn't seem bothered by it.

"You're the best. I'll see you tomorrow." She giggled, ending the phone call. Usually, I was excited to go see her. Lately, it's been the last thing I wanted to do. Am I getting bored with her? I threw my phone on the bed before stripping from my clothes. I wanted to shower, but I know I have to wait since I just heard Midoriya turn the water on.

Honestly, a movie and good dinner sounds like the perfect end to a perfect day.