What Did You Do?

BAKUGO'S POV

"Hello?" I questioned into the phone as I shoved open my front door. I haven't had a call from the Todoroki household in years. I'm hoping it's Midoriya's best friend and not Dabi. If he got my number somehow, I'm going to have to change it.

"Hey, it's Shoto Todoroki." I let out a sigh of relief. "Are you home yet?"

"I just got home. Why?" I walked inside and shut the door behind me. I waited for my boyfriend to greet me like he does every day, but he didn't come. "Is Midoriya with you? I saw his car out front."

He let out a shaky breath. "Yeah, but listen... he's going to stay with me for a few days."

My heart stopped in my chest. It didn't go well the last time he tried to do that. "Where's your brother?"

"In jail until his hearing next week," he responded quickly. Hearing that gave me some relief, but I still don't understand why my boyfriend isn't telling me this.

"Is he okay? What happened?" I kicked my shoes off and quickly raced through the apartment to his room. His door was wide open, and his stuff was tossed around the room. His usual organized accessories were sprawled across his desk, and a pile of shoes was on the floor outside the closet.

Todoroki let out a nervous sigh. "His ex and your ex visited him at work today."

His closet was missing a huge chunk of his clothes. "Ex? I don't fucking have an ex." Midoriya was the first person I've ever had a real relationship with. "Wait, did you say his ex too? The fucking dickweed that fucked him up for so long?"

"Yeah, that's the one. The girl that claimed to be your ex had pink hair if that helps."

Fucking Ashido. There's nobody else it could be.

"Do you know what the hell happened?" I asked urgently while walking back to the living room and slipping my shoes back on. "Did he just fucking ghost me?"

"I don't know exactly what happened, but they both said some nasty stuff to him. I think they got in his head, and he needs time to sort himself out."

I will fucking kill them both. My heart raced in my chest as rage filled my body. Rage I haven't felt in years. I was beyond pissed when Dabi tried to force himself on Midoriya, but this was different. I didn't want to fight Dabi then. Now, I want to punch anyone who's in my fucking way.

"I can feel your anger from here. You better not be coming here with that anger, either. Don't be mad at Midoriya because of his poor mental health that his ex caused him." That's not why I'm fucking mad right now.

"I'm going to direct my anger at Ashido, then I'll come to get him when I've calmed down." I walked out the door and raced down the stairs. As much as I want to get Midoriya now, I'm not going to when I'm this mad. He doesn't need to see me like this.

Todoroki let out a long sigh. "Bakugo, you can try calling him if you want, but don't come here. He's so far in his mind that he isn't going to hear anything you say to him."

I scoffed while jumping into my truck. "I'm supposed to let him disappear on me and pretend I don't care?" I care about him more than anybody will ever fucking understand. I don't know what his ex or Ashido said, but it doesn't matter. Midoriya is still my boyfriend, and I won't just let him go. Not unless he asks me to.

"I'm not saying that. Just let him stay with me tonight. I'll try to get to the bottom of it and see what happened. He's been crying since he got off work and he needs some time to himself," he explained. "He doesn't even know I'm calling you."