chapter 19 - they're back

march 19th 2013

After a very long car trip dipper and ford got out of their car to see a very familiar sight, they were back at the mystery shack and got greeted by stan in the most loving and hateful way possible.

"it's good to be back grunkle stan" dipper said wrapping his arms around the old man.

"dipper get off of me, i can't breath" stan said trying to push dipper off of him.

"oh sorry stan" dipper released his grip and went back to stanford.

"I'm sorry stanley but we can't stay long, we have buisness to attend to" ford said, quickly, grabbing dipper and running to the bottomles pit.

the 2 of them spent a good few hours searching for the journals. Stan had said he buried them around the pit when they came back out but alas, nothing was found. The 2 genius's walked back inside only to find stan at the kitchen table with gideon on the other side of him holding journal 1 and 2.

"i came as soon as stan told me you were back in town, also we came to a friendly agreement when you left, anyway, here take the journals" gideon said throwing the journals towards ford.

Shockingly Gideon had a growth spurt during the period they were gone and was about the same height as dipper when he first went to gravity falls (dipper had grown aswell) and his hair was a lot different -thank god-.

"oh, thanks gideon, like the new look by the way" dipper said slightly worried about the boy becuase of how he was acting.

"sixer there's something you need to know" stan said with a sad sounding voice "I'm so sorry Stanford but... I LOST A PAGE OF JOURNAL 3" stan laid his head on the table as the other 3 in the room burst into hysterical laughter.

10 minutes went by until another word was said. "ok Stanley just give me the journal" ford said raising his hand out, stan just pushed the book towards his brother not saying a word.

Ford flicked through the pages as his face turned pale "what happened to the summoning circle stanley!" ford said outraged.

"look, I'm being 100% truthful about this. it just vanished a few days ago, the page just poofed out of existence" stan finally spoke up again sounding... scared?

Just as ford stepped closer to stan journal 3 in his hand just turned to dust, nothing was left of it after 5 seconds, ford looked to dipper out of fear and sure enough the same thing happened to journal 1 and 2.

~~~

pacifica is in her uncles car along with Michael himself driving "I'm sorry we're leaving so urgently my little llama but there's a problem with a family member back in gravity falls and i need to be there for them, it's not your parents don't worry" michael said trying not to be a nuisance.

"it's fine, honestly" pacifica responded with looking down at the floor.

Michael noticed Pacifica looking a little bit sad. "Is something on your mind pumpkin?" Michael said concerned.

"it's nothing important, don't worry about it" pacifica reassured proceeding to fall asleep on the window a few minutes after.

The car journey didn't have anything important in it until the 2 of them finally reached the gravity falls sign with pacifica still asleep and michael's eyes having changed yellow, bill was now in control.

~~~

Stan, Ford, Gideon and Dipper stood outside of the mystery shack to see the sky turn a deep grey with red clouds appearing from all directions, thunder started and after every crack a sinister cackle followed...