Chapter 7

Three hour later

~Soul's POV~

          I heard rustling from ten feet away and hid in a nearby bush. I held my breath to make sure the thing could not here me.  As two pairs of feet slowly passed by the bush I was hiding in, I noticed some berries in the corner of my eye. As soon as I could not here anymore rustling I sat up and grab a handful of the berries, only to realize that they were blueberries.

         I grabbed as many as I could and put them in my bag. I smiled in joy when I thought of showing Maka my discovery, only to let that smile fall when I remembered Maka turned into a skank once the zombie thing started.

         "God DAMN IT!" I screamed in frustration not caring if anything heard me. 

I missed her telling me to calm down and Spirit yelling at me for not flirting with Maka enough but yet doesn't want a 'punk like me to date her.' I miss Kid whining about being asymmetrical garbage and having to have Liz and Patty calm him down. I miss Star being an idiot and Tsubaki being embarrassed by it. I just miss them all.

         In my anger at Maka I didn't notice my surroundings, I was at my old hang out area. I saw my hidden tree house.

~Maka's POV~

         ~A week later~

         I found out that my leg has healed almost completely when I tried to get a bottle of water from the kitchen while Tohnny was out hunting for more supplies. It barely hurt to put wait on it, and while Tohnny was out putting up more barriers around the house for safety I would slowly walk on it more every day.

         I planned on going to find Soul a week after Monday, hopefully he was still at the cabin. I haven't told Tohnny what I was planning since he'd probably not let me and force me to stay with him. He never really liked Soul.  He thought he was a jerk and that I should've picked him as a partner instead of Soul. But I didn't know he was a weapon until after I picked Soul and I didn't want to resync soul wavelengths with someone else, even if it was Tohnny.

         I was planning on telling him once everything was packed and ready to go. I didn't want to risk it before hand.

~Soul's POV~

         When I got to the ladder I hammered into the big tree when I was younger I noticed that some of the steps was decayed from rain and aging. I climbed up the ladder carefully until I was half way up the tree. I looked up and noticed the trap door I had put in was closed; I never put the door down unless I was in it. It was a pain to open when I was climbing up. 'Maybe mom or dad came and closed it when I moved out.' I thought

         When I got to the door I pushed up on it expecting it to open, but wouldn't budge. I used my arm to push against it, Still no movement.

         "Who's der?"