Chapter 19

A week has passed and Tohnny and Kalel have gotten comfortable around each other.

"Maka, will I be able to stay at Soul and Liz's?" Kalel asked while eating her breakfast.

"I don't really want you too... But if you really want to, I'll talk to Soul about it." I forced a smile, Soul, Liz, and Patty had decided to stay in the same house while Kalel and I stayed with Tohnny. I hadn't talked to Soul unless it was for a meeting or Kalel.

The majority of every decided that Kalel should live with me but she would be able to stay with Soul when ever she wanted to.

"Thank you." She smiled, I heard footsteps and Tohnny laughing from in the living room.

"Is Derek here?" I asked while getting a can of pears.

"Yeah, him and Tohn wanted to talk about making a garden." She explained

"Sounds fun, maybe that'll be one of your chores, helping with the garden." I winked. Kalel loved playing in the dirt; so she'd willingly go help anytime she'd be able to. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked while sipping some of the pear juice.

"Maybe help Liz and Patty with building the baby's crib." She decided

I couldn't help but grin, "That's nice of you." I'm happy she decided to be active instead of being a bum

"Want to help too?" she asked hopefully

"Maybe, I need to talk to Soul about you staying there for a few days. If you're not finished by the time I'm finished talking to him I'll gladly help out." I'm not the biggest fan of the older Thompson sister or Soul but I won't be a bitch in front of Kalel. "When you're finished eating put the dishes in the sink and go pack for three days. We'll leave when you have everything together.

I reluctantly knocked on the door, which opened quickly to show Liz, who was starting to sport a small baby bump.

"Oh Maka, I didn't expect to see you..." She blushed

"Kalel wanted to stay over for a few days. Is Soul here? I need to talk to him." I asked while moving a side for Kalel to get inside.

"Yeah he's upstairs helping with the nursery." She smiled "Come in, I'll get him." She looked down and started to eagerly talk to Kalel about the baby's new room while walking upstairs while Kalel and I slowly walked in..

I looked around, instantly noticing the couch that was turned into a bed. "Why is someone sleeping down here? There's enough room for them in the two bedrooms they have..." I murmured to myself

"Soul insists on staying down here instead of the room that Patty is sleeping in. You know, since he's trying to win you over again..." Liz blushed "Sorry, I came back down to get everyone water and over-heard you talking. He's been a huge help though; he tore down the wall of the walk in closet to make the baby's room connected to mine. I'm glad he's been around to help."

"Well I'm glad he's making someone happy..." I sighed; she didn't know how to reply to that so she awkwardly went into the kitchen to grab waters. The whole community water supply was in a huge well that was water activated, which was a relief.

"Are you and Soul ever going to make up?" Kalel asked while snuggling into Soul's blanket on the couch.

"I don't know hun, maybe one day." I sighed, I heard footsteps coming down stairs so I decided to end the conversation.

"Soul!" Kalel squealed while jumping off the couch, he quickly ran and caught her mid-air and hugged her.

"Hey Kal." He laughed, I watched them hug and him kiss her forehead feeling awkward. After a few seconds he put her down, "Why don't you go upstairs and put your stuff into Patty's room. While I talk to Maka, you can help Liz and Patty paint." He chuckled when she suddenly bolted to the stairs.

"Did you guys ever decide what color to use?" I asked, when we first settled in, there was a bunch of unlabeled paint in Jaspar and Kid's basements

"Yeah, it's like a weird mint color. Liz loves the color for the baby's side of the room." He chuckled.

"That's good, well I'l get down to what I wanted to say and then I'll leave." I sighed loudly, His eyes instantly filled with pain.

"You don't have to leave." He whispered

"I don't feel comfortable around you or here anymore." I admitted, I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them.

"You know I'm sorry Maka, I made a mistake." He begged

"A mistake is doing it once while drunk. What you did was made a choice. You choose her over me." I stood up and turned to the door. I rubbed at my eyes, trying to catch the tears before they fell. "No sweets after 6, bedtime is at 9:45, and don't talk about the Zombies, it gives her nightmares." I started to walk towards the door when I felt a hand grasp my wrist.

"Maka, wait." He whimpered.

"What?" I hissed

"I know you're upset with me now, but will you ever forgive me?"

"I don't know Soul, I don't know." I opened the door and headed towards home.