3 | Follow Me

"And as this war continues to drag on, despite our best efforts to halt the opposition from the Separatists-" Vice Chair Mas Amedda proclaimed in the evening hours of Coruscant, his voice echoing throughout the Senate Chamber and reaching every ea...

"And as this war continues to drag on, despite our best efforts to halt the opposition from the Separatists-" Vice Chair Mas Amedda proclaimed in the evening hours of Coruscant, his voice echoing throughout the Senate Chamber and reaching every ear within distance. The shadowy walls closed in on him, with the dim spotlight centering on his elegant, maroon robes and deep blue skin. The supreme Chancellor of the Republic stood by his side on the platform, a content expression plastered on his wrinkled face.

For a majority of the night, it had been the Vice Chair who had led the discussion. Palpatine reminded silent on most matters, choosing instead to internalize the debate and give the final say at the end.

"It is in our best interest to divert our government funds to funding the Extension Bill-" Vice Chair Amedda restated his stance "-So that more clones can be mass produced in order to match the pace of droid production, given the recent surplus of Separatist Forces inhabiting the Republic Territory of Castillon for the purposes illegal oil drilling. It is only fitting that we counter their treacherous efforts with the best weapons that we have to offer, the clones"

"Thus prolonging and dragging the war out even further?" Senator Amidala guided her pod towards the middle of the chamber. Her hairpiece glittered in the luminescence. All those present turned curiously to tune into the young Senator from Naboo. Even though her experience in the senate was less extensive, her time as queen of Naboo solidified her respect.

"How else are we to win?" Another senator spit-fired from the dark, their voice like venom.

"Separatists will not compromise!"

"There are those that will. Not all wars need to be won with guns" Senator Chuchi from Pantora aided Padmé.

"You sound like the pacifist" a name-less voice sneered. From above in a pod, tucked away nearly out of sight from the rest, Satine frowned. Dakota cut her gaze up to her sisters pod at the sound of the word rolling distastefully off the senators tongue. On cue, the Duchess looked back.

"As a member of the Defense Finance Committee-" Halle Burtoni, the senator from Kamino chimed in, adding to the swirl of opinions "-we are a go to raise the funds and begin gathering the resources to put this bill in to place. The more firepower, the better!"

"The clones aren't firepower, they are people!" Padmé argued boldly, the distaste clear on her tongue "they are outside of those walls right now, defending us!" she pointed.

Dakota cut her sharp gaze to the shadows, picking up on every person that threw out their opinions during the debate that evening. She loomed on the platform where Senator Amidala's pod docked, along with Anakin and Ahsoka as the young senator performed her duty to the people. It had been a long night already, with many more hours to go. Topics had altered and switched, but the clones remained a consistent issue throughout the narrative.