United Pack

The new snowfall announced the beginning of the year. Eren padded out on the frozen lake before him. He had awoken early that morning. To his surprise Levi had been asleep beside him. He was anxious about something. Maybe a dream, or the child. He wasn't sure. Either way he knew his restlessness would wake the prime alpha. So he had gotten up. He texted Levi to let him know he would be back soon. He needed to clear his head.

He transformed to the wolf. He felt the tension in his body. It had been awhile since he had changed. He thought about it as he ran. He hadn't changed to his wolf form since the death of his family. He couldn't see much of the wolf he was now, but he could feel it. His alpha abilities were stronger in wolf form. He felt stronger, less afraid. In this form he felt like the protector of his pack, his family.

The ice crackled under his paws but felt sturdy enough. The sun was just coming up over the top of the mountain. Eren walked to the edge. He sat down on his haunches watching the sun rise. The golden, pink and blue rays were just bathing the new day in their light when he heard the call. A howl so loud, so long and so filled with worry that he was already answering it before he even realized what he was doing. He shook his shaggy head. Damn it Levi! He swore to himself. I left a note!

Turning Eren raced back into the woods. He followed the path he had made as he came up here. The feel of his muscles stretching out. The power in them as his paws smashed down onto the uneven ground. The way his body sailed up over fallen trees. All of it was so new to him. Not just because this was the first time he had transformed as an alpha, but his wolf form had always been a mystery to him.

His father had denied the beta wolf he once was to transform unless he was given specific permission. Eren hardly ever used his wolf form growing up. He had never felt right within it. Not until the day he had stolen back his life. The day he had fought to free himself. The day he had become an alpha. He burst through the edge of the trees.

At first he didn't see anything different than when he had left about an hour ago. His head swung around. Before he could sniff at the air, a weight landed on his back. 'Transform' the command from his prime was powerful. Eren was obeying it even as he twisted to wrap his arms around the smaller body. They landed in a small heap tangled together.

"I thought you weren't going to force me to do things?" he muttered to the quivering body.

"You scared the hell out of me when I woke and you weren't there." Levi muttered from the center of Eren's chest. Eren sighed laying his head back.

"I couldn't sleep. Had a dream I guess." He tried to explain the weird anxiety he felt when he woke. Levi pushed up from his chest to look down at him.

"Well maybe we should tell the pack." He said. Eren frowned. He was nervous of letting them know. Levi had waited only because Eren had asked him too. Pushing up Eren stood placing his mate on his feet.

"Yeah, I think we should." He muttered. He walked to the small bathroom that Hange had built for them beside the shed. Levi followed him inside. They showered together. Their hands exploring each other again. Levi looking for any changes in his mates new body. Eren just confirming that Levi was the same as he had ever been.

They walked into the main house once dressed. Armin glanced up. He was sitting on the floor with his twin girls on a blanket beside him. He smiled at his alphas as they came in. Suddenly there was a loud gooing noise from one of the babies. Eren glanced over.

"OH MY GOD!" he giggled as he rushed forward. He scooped up his namesake.

"Erin you rolled over!" he laughed rubbing his face into the babies stomach. She giggled at him her fists gripping his hair.