Loyalties

Eren padded up to his mate. Levi stood, barely. His legs shook from the fight, from exhaustion. His snout was bloody, as were his paws. Eren pressed his snout to his mate's. He then lowered himself to the ground. Laying before Levi, he pledged his loyalty to the alpha prime. Armin was the next to come out followed closely by his mate Erwin. They both pledged themselves to Levi.

One by one or in small groups every member of Eren's pack did the same thing. They were joined swiftly by Levi's own pack. They had been fighting with Kenny's pack. Eren was only mildly surprised when he saw the older alpha walk up to his nephew. He pressed against Levi's side, licking his wounds to heal them faster.

Kenny laid prone before the prime, pledging himself to his new leader. Darius stood beside Rigor watching the packs. They were shuffled aside as the military unit came out. Their alpha laid beside Eren to pledge not only to the prime, but the alpha beside him.

Eren could see Levi was struggling just to remain standing. He waited until the very last member of the pack laid down to proclaim themselves to Levi. Eren stood in his human form to catch the prime. The small body fell against him. In his exhausted state, Levi was unable to maintain his wolf form.

Darius heard mutterings behind him. He felt the other pack shuffling around. Eren lifted his head. Although they had not pledge to Levi, Eren felt as if they wanted to. Carrying the prime against his side, Eren brought Levi to them. Levi could hardly manage to lift his head. He didn't need to worry as Darius and Rigor came up to either side of him. Erwin, as always was right there as well.

"Uncover their mouths." Eren said.

He had seen that all the wolves had transformed to their human selves. Darius nodded to Rigor. Jean transformed with Marco as they assisted the humans. As soon as their mouths were freed, the pack before them pledge their loyalty to the new Alpha Prime.

"No. I won't accept a single one of you, until you conduct a blood oath to me." Levi insisted.

This was unusual. Typically, once pledged, the loyalties were easily handled. Joining in a blood oath would mean that if they betrayed Levi in any way, they would die. Their very blood would turn against them. Levi pulled himself upright. Eren could feel how he struggled to do this.

He stood before them, his own blood already dripping along his body. He held out the wounded arm. Eren moved with him as one by one Levi walked up to each member of the former proctor. Jean would hold the knife that cut a small slit in their arm. They would press this to Levi's cut as they each recited the wolf oath of alpha and pack mate.

It took a long time. Eren holding more and more of Levi's weight as he grew ever more worn out. By the end, Levi was slurring his words. The meaning was adhered too as the final oath was taken in. Levi lifted his head against Eren's chest.

"Now go, all of you. Go back to the proctor. Tell them, their Prime will be back in two weeks. I need a vacation." Levi muttered as he turned away.

"You are forbidden to mention the change in leadership. Refer to me only as the prime." He ordered.

The wolves transformed howling as they raced away into the night. Levi slumped heavily in Eren's arms. The alpha lifted his mate up, he turned as he carried Levi's unconscious body toward the vehicles. Only then did a thought strike him. He spun on Darius.

"You were suppose to protect my kids!" He yelled.

"I made sure they got in the safe house. Hange is an Alpha they stayed to protect them." Darius shot back.

"Yeah, who would mess with that?" Rigor actually shivered.

"Besides, Connie and Sasha stayed back." Jean offered laying a hand on Eren's shoulder.