Running home

Daylight was breaking over the rugged terrain ahead. Levi was still unconscious tied to Erwin's strong back. The group had decided it best to get as far away from the proctor as they could, as soon as they could. Since they had slept the day before, this meant traveling by night. It wasn't hard for wolves to do.

Eren padded beside his mate. Armin was also in wolf form on the other side. Hange had decided to remain in human form with Erwin. As they walked, Eren had begun to think about their situation. He knew he didn't have the mind that Erwin or Armin had, but something kept poking at him. Something about what was going on with them here and now, didn't quite feel right.

They came to a small rocky area. When they had landed in the water, they had made for the far shore, away from the proctor's safe area. Since then, they had continued to walk inland. Eren was sure they were miles away. Yet not all of them were in wolf form. They could have gone faster, as well as farther, had they been able to travel as wolves. It wasn't until they stopped that the something that was bothering Eren clicked.

"Who did you leave in charge?" he asked once he shifted back. Erwin looked up from placing Levi on a flat rock.

"Wow, it took you nearly two days to figure out all your alpha's are here?" he smirked at the dark haired teen.

"Just answer me." Eren cried. He felt a sinking sensation in his gut.

"Besides I was more concerned about our safety than the rest of the pack." He ashamedly admitted.

"There's nothing wrong with that." Erwin sat down.

"We left Moblit in command. He had orders to contact Kenny ASAP to demand an alpha come to get them to safety." Erwin said.

"So, we aren't headed home." Eren whispered.

"Our home is where the pack is." Erwin growled. He arched his back looking up at the sunlight. The actual sun hadn't over came the tree tops yet.

"There's an old fox den over here." Armin returned from a short scouting jaunt. Eren picked up Levi. He carried his sleeping mate to the den. It was warm, out of the environment, and well hidden. The scent from the foxes would mask their own sent. He laid the prime down.

"What are we going to do?" he asked.

"Right now, sleep." Erwin informed him.

"I have sent communications to Moblit. He knows what's going on. Following our current trajectory, he is calculating a good place for us to rendezvous with them." Hange explained.

"Eren, you and Hange take the first watch." Erwin ordered. The fatigue in his eyes wore heavy on his face. Eren nodded.

He watched as Armin crawled into his mates arms. The small wolf appeared, using his warmer wolf body to keep the alpha warm. Eren smiled at them. Turning away he glanced first at Levi still sleeping before looking up to Hange.

"Think we can risk a fire?" he asked seeing Levi shiver slightly.

"Yeah, but you stay put. I'll go get some wood." Hange went out after handing Eren another ready to eat meal.

The alpha sat sucking the nutrients from the package. His eyes darted around the den, overlooking all his friends before searching around outside. Over and over he repeated this processes until his pouch was gone. Hange wasn't back yet. He frowned. Taking some deep breaths he counted to one hundred, once he reached the number he was going to transform to attempt to contact the other Alpha. At ninety seven, Hange reappeared.

Their arms loaded with wood, pockets bulging from who knows what, the alpha crawled back into the den. Grinning they dropped their load at Eren's feet.

"I found some apples, a small berry patch and mushrooms."