Past truths

"Any chance you can wait on the story until we get back?" Eren asked Levi. He was snarling as he laid on the ground. "Please!" Eren begged.

"I wish only to protect that child." Pixus stated. Levi's ears twitched. The timbre of the others tone struck a nerve in him. Eren understood it now. As a beta he had heard it but never truly got it. Now as an alpha he realized it was their true voice. It only worked in wolf form. The voice they used to show their honest statements. Pixus released Levi. The dark wolf stood.

"Your strong." Levi muttered.

"Not nearly as strong as a Yeager and an Ackerman child." Pixus confirmed.

"Let's get them home." Levi insisted. He swung nipping at Eren to make the brown wolf move to his side. Eren chuckled as he came up to lead the small group back. It was just starting to lighten up as they came up to the house. Pixus snorted. The others swung their heads to look at him. He shook his. They continued down toward the house. Marco and Jean joined them as they came in from patrol. Hange was yelling at the others in the kitchen.

"It is balanced nutrition. I personally set it up for each of you!" they cried.

"It's freeze dried!" Erwin yelled.

"Easier to heat up in the microwave for the preggies!" Hange yelled back. Erwin pinched his nose. He fell back to lean against the wall. Hange beamed thinking they won.

"They need fresh foods not your stupid lab experiment. Get this shit outta hear. Armin, where is breakfast?" Levi growled storming in as he fixed his shirt.

"Almost done." The blond said.

"They need a balanced diet!" Hange cried. Levi walked up to them. He pushed them down into a chair with a hand on top of their head.

"Yes they do, but not like this. Start a fucking garden or something if you want to be useful." He suggested. Hange's eyes lit up.

"Oh, I can do that!" they gathered their frozen packages to scurry away.

"Do I want to know?" Levi eyed Erwin. The blond shook his head.

"Dot Pixus. We meet again." He said to the old man still standing beside Eren.

"Erwin Smith. It's been awhile." The man nodded. A timer sounded. Armin called out that breakfast was ready. Annie sprang into the room with Connie. They swiftly got out plates, cups, silverware and napkins. Bertolt scooted around the counter to get the coffee and tea pots. His mate Reiner got out the salad, fruit and dressings from the fridge. Armin carried over one of two steaming breakfast casseroles. The entire pack lined the table.

"So, where are we beginning?" Erwin looked up to Pixus who stood with his flask.

"The rolls?" he asked. Armin blinked. The old man reached over the counter to pick up the dish of rolls.

"Oh, my bad I was suppose to grab those!" Connie said.

"Yeager and Ackerman's..." the old man shook his head. Everyone was digging into the food. Pixus took up a seat by the counter. Eren sat with him.

"Long ago, before my time, There was an old rivalry. It was friendly enough. The Yeager clan and the Ackerman clan held neighboring lands. They would have friendly sporting events or show downs to keep the packs connected yet separate. Then the unthinkable happened. A young Alpha from the Yeager pack mated with a beta from the Ackerman pack. The two had children. The packs were glad. They grew stronger." Pixus looked away. He sipped his flask as Eren shoved a plate of food at him.

"Some say they grew too strong." Pixus muttered.

"They formed the first Proctor?" a voice at the door said. Pixus turned to see a mild looking man standing there.