Chapter 5 : The First Step

After class ended L.joe go straight to music room. He open the curtain to makes light go thru and lighting the room. He feels fresh when he is hit by the light. "What time is now?" ask himself as he looked at his watch. "Five more minutes before 3 PM" say L.Joe as his head to the piano.

He sits on the piano chair and takes out the notes from his bag and put it on its place and starts playing. He plays a few notes before he suddenly stop and stretches his finger. After stretching he plays the notes beautifully.

Meanwhile outside Chunji is walked toward the music room and heard the piano playing. He then sings along with the piano. Then as he arrives at the door he opens it. L.Joe is in concentrated mode and not looked at Chunji at all until the song is over.

"You're here" L.Joe stops playing.

"Yes. I'm didn't come late" say Chunji as he looked at his watch and then show it to L.Joe.

L.Joe looked at his watch and say "Just in time. Grab a seat. We will start"

"Did you already tell teacher Andy about our song selected?" ask Chunji as he head to L.Joe.

"Yes. We can go on with these two songs"

"You can play the song already as I heard it when I'm coming here" say Chunji when his hand is busy taking out the lyric.

"I'm just following the notes. I need more time to remember it without looking. How about you? Already remember the lyric"

"Not fully. For 'Nothing Better' I remember it a little. But for 'That Man' I still need more time too" say Chunji as now he holding the lyric.

"Then, shall we start with nothing better?" ask L.Joe as his hand already on the piano.

"Yes. Let's start" say Chunji as he put his bag down.

Then L.Joe start to play the piano and when it is the right time, Chunji start singing. They play all the way until the song is ended.

"Any comment?" ask Chunji as they already ended the first song.

"Hmm... I have nothing to comment. Your voice really goes well with the song" praise L.Joe.

"Thanks. Then we can go round to second songs" say Chunji happy.

"Yes. But I need a time to practice on my own"

"Okay. Should I also practice on my own" say Chunji as his headed toward one of the chair and sit.

"I'll tell when I'm ready" say L.Joe as he starts to play 'That Man'.

Chunji looked at L.Joe that plays the piano diligently not like his usual self. He plays the piano as he looked at the music notes and tries to be familiar with the song. After a few times playing he began to smile. "I'm ready. We can start now" say L.Joe as he looked at Chunji.

"Ok" say Chunji as he get up and walked toward L.Joe.

"I'm starting" say L.Joe as he start to play the piano. "Now" say L.Joe as it's the time for Chunji to sing. Chunji get's it and start singing. After a few line L.Joe stopped play and Chunji also stopped singing.

"Does something wrong?" Chunji wonder as L.Joe stopped in a sudden.

"You sing too fast. The beat doesn't match"

"Really? Sorry. One more time"

"Okay. Make sure to match the beat well" say L.Joe as his start to play.

And this time Chunji goes too slow and makes L.Joe stop playing again. "I think I go too slowly this time" Chunji admit.

"Yes. Why don't you look at my notes rather than only see the lyric. Better looked with notes so you don't miss it"