Chapter 10: Heartbroken and back in states

The class is ended and L.Joe is packing his stuff. Like the other days, he has a practice for school performance that just around the corner. “Do you have any schedule after school?” ask Jonghwan as he sees L.Joe is packing his stuff already.

  “I have practice for school performance” say L.Joe as he finished his pack.

  “School performance?”

  “Yes. Its next week on Saturday”

  “What performance are you practicing?”

  “Two songs; ‘Nothing better’ and ‘That man’”

  “I never thought that you can do high note. Didn’t you only rap?”

  “I’m not singing. I’m just playing piano. It’s a duo”

  “Piano? It’s a long time since I see you playing”

  “Want to see? But just until my partner come. Because we need serious practice”

  “Okay”

  Both of them then walked to music room where the practice will be held. L.Joe and Jonghwan head to open the curtain first before L.Joe walk to the piano. Jonghwan on the other hand walked toward piano and he is standing next to piano as he looked at L.Joe sitting on the chair. “What song did you want to hear?” ask L.Joe as he is ready.

  “Any song would do”

  “Any song? Okay” say L.Joe before he plays the piano. It’s one of songs which L.Joe composes.

  The songs end and it’s now nearing 3 PM where the time for L.Joe practice. “I think you should go now. My partner will come in a few minute”

  “Okay. I know” say Jonghwan before he takes his bag. Then he walked toward L.Joe and lean forward to kiss him.

  While they in a hot kiss, the door suddenly being opened and Chunji see what happened. Both of them parted in shock. “Sorry, did I disturb you guys?” ask Chunji in shock at what he see.

  “No. I’m already leaving” say Jonghwan before he walked away.

  “We will practice until 6 PM. You want to go back first or wait for me?”

  “Hmm… I will wait. If I suddenly want to go back I will message first” say Jonghwan before he goes.

  Chunji walked in as he sees Jonghwan walked away from music room. He places his bag down and takes out his music notes. He just pretends that there nothing happen at all. However when he look at L.Joe, he see some kind of face that makes his heart skip a beat. Yes. That was a kind of face that wants Chunji to understand.

  That day practice was like hell. Both of them didn’t talk like they used to. L.Joe didn’t know what he should say so Chunji not misunderstanding. While Chunji feels like he need to keep inside what he think and feels.

  The time is already nearing to 6 PM where the practice needs to end for that day. Both of them ended it like usual and without talking. Closed the curtain and takes both of bags before walked out from that music room.

  L.Joe locks the door and then both walked down the corridor to main door. As they arrive there, both of them can see Jonghwan is waiting for L.Joe at his car.

  L.Joe smiled and walked toward as his mouth says a word “I’m sorry” toward Chunji as he stepped one step in front.

  Chunji shocked at what he heard. He stands still at his place as he sees L.Joe and Jonghwan drive away from school ground. At that time suddenly his eyes makes an unwanted tears.