Chapter 5: Meeting Raúl

The headmaster of the school was looking at (y/n) and Kat's files before a knock at the door interrupted him.

"My door is always open!" The headmaster said, closing the files and pulling his hand up in the air to make his point clearer.

The door opened with the nuns behind the girls with their belongings, as they walked in.

"Ah! Welcome home, Miss (l/n) and Miss Elliot, to Rust Bank." The headmaster said, holding his hand out for a handshake, which none of the girls took it. But the headmaster could not take a hint and accidentally hit a button that started his treadmill. "Ah?" He started screaming in surprise until he fell on Kat; both them them groaned.

(Y/n) glared at the headmaster and pulled her friend up off of him as she scoffed.

"Thanks (y/n)." Kat gratefully nodded her head at the said girl, (y/n) only letting out a small 'mhm'.

The headmaster cracked his back and he welcomed them to the school and nervously chuckled, "And welcome to RBC Girls! I am father Level Bests."

"And now, you're gonna kick us out," Kat said.

"Oh, no! You just arrived, girls." He reassured them they weren't getting kicked out.

"But you shoulda broke your back and I didn't help you up." (Y/n) felt a bit bad as she frowned in concern.

"I-" he laughs, "Uh, God willing, we're going to break the cycle. A second chance for girls like you both. Yeah." (Y/n) noticed the widow that was broken.

"This school's in trouble, isn't it? You need that break the cycle money." (Y/n) all knowingly said.

"Ah, and you...you both need a fresh start. I told them, to bring two damaged children home. Surround them with the best and brightest, and (y/n) (m/n) (l/n) and Katherine Koniqua Elliot-" he said walking to the uniform dresser and pulling out two uniforms.

"It's (y/n) and Kat!" They said together.

"-will flourish." He finished his sentence.

"Ugh," Kat said as he handed the girls the Uniforms.

"You both are a RBC girl now." He laughs as the nuns grumbles and takes them out of the room.

The cell phone started ringing as he opened his flip phone, "huh? A-ha, the Klaxons."

****

Kat and (y/n) opened the door to their room, they started slowly walking in and looking around. The nuns have their uniforms and belongings before saying, "Do not dawdle." As (y/n) closed the door.

They put their stuff down and started playing music as (y/n) started nodding her head to it and smiled at Kat. Kat suddenly had an idea and told her friend about it and (y/n) lit up and nodded, exactly.

They were soon done with customizing their uniforms and (y/n) threw away their old uniforms as she grabbed the boom box and handed it to Kat. Kat nodded in thanks.

The music was still playing as they walked the halls, past girls who all looked out from the classrooms, as a nun walked out of a room, she covered her ears. (Y/n) sarcastically smiled and waved.

****

In a classroom, sat Siobhan, Sweetie, Sloane, and Raúl, all sitting together with the expectation of Raúl, who was sitting in the back.

The door burst open as the trio gasped and Sweetie let out a "woah."

Kat stood in front of the class as (y/n) just stood in the doorway, leaning on it. Raúl kept taking long glances at (y/n).

Kat looked at Raúl and saw him looking at (y/n). She immediately glared at him as they made eye contact, and he put his notebook over his head. (Y/n) went up to Kat nudging Kat to sit down with her. She nodded grabbed (y/n)'s hand and began to walk to Raúl.

When they sat down, (y/n) learned on the desk and closed her eyes.

"Huh, you're the assassin!" No reply from Raúl, as he was too caught up with (y/n) to notice anything going on. When Kat punched him, he snapped out of his love-sick daze. He closed his notebook before answering Kat, "No, that brick was loose."

"Eyes ahead. You're drawing attention." She whispered shouted.

"Thank God you saved her." He cupped his mouth to lower his volume for (y/n), who looked like she was sleeping.

"I didn't. She got lucky" Kat put her hands on her desk and crossed them.

"She uh- We used to be friends." He said as they looked at the trio talking.

"You liked that prize poodle?" (Y/n) suddenly questioned.

Kat and Raúl looked at her, "What the hell did you wake up?" Kat questioned her best friend.

"I never was. I just didn't wanna talk to anyone." (Y/n) shrugged. Kat just raised a brow before laughing.

"Anyways back to the question, you liked Siobhan?" (Y/n) looked at Raúl, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah but- but- not romantically though." Raúl stammered.

"Okay? I don't care if you liked her romantically but thanks for the information though." (Y/n) said jokingly. Raúl could only nervously laugh.

"Why were you up that tower?" Kat questioned.

"It's for an art project for when the snow melts. I'm Raúl." Kat only glared at him. (Y/n) sighed before taking his hand and shaking it.

"I'm (y/n) and this is kat." She smiled before letting go.

"I don't make friends, except for (y/n), Raúl. Bad things happen to people I'm close to." Kat informed as (y/n) patted her shoulder, saying that she was there.

Raúl glanced at (y/n) before asking, "like what?"

Kay sighs and rolls her eyes before replying, whispering, "They die." She moves her boom box, so it would block Raùl as he gasps and turns around to the front.

"Whoa." He smiled and looked at (y/n), who did a thumbs up and smiled at him.